Arup is seeking a Part 1 architectural assistant to join its team in London
Arup is a multi-disciplinary firm of architects, designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists, working across every aspect of today’s built environment. Together we help our clients solve their most complex challenges – turning exciting ideas into tangible reality.
Architecture has been an integral part of Arup for over 50 years. Our reputation was built on designing buildings that were at the forefront of innovation, sustainability and people-centred design.
We continue to design buildings that are simple, purposeful, efficient and beautiful, that are technologically advanced and sensitive to environmental and human needs in line with Ove Arup’s vision for ‘total architecture’. We work closely with Arup’s unparalleled range of engineers and specialists to create the most beneficial outcome for our clients, for society and for the planet.
We have architectural practices in Europe, the Americas, Australasia and East Asia and we are growing. We are looking for people who would like to join our community of architects in a mission to shape a better world.
Right now we’re looking for a well-motivated and creative Part 1 graduate who is keen to be involved in challenging and innovative projects, working in London.
- a degree in architecture (2.1 or above)
- excellent design flair with both creative and analytical skills
- excellent knowledge of relevant CAD software applications such as AutoCAD, Microstation or Revit and 3D visualisation software such as Rhino, SketchUp, Photoshop or Lumion
- the ability to use Grasshopper or code in Python or similar (desired but not essential)
- the ability to draw by hand (desired but not essential)
- a passion for learning new skills and working in a collaborative multi-disciplinary environment
- an interesting and varied workload
- technically challenging projects that will stretch and challenge your skills
- a supportive and friendly team, based in an excellent working environment
- the opportunity to work on international projects and work abroad