Asif Khan is hiring an architect/senior architect to join its team in London.
Asif Khan seeks a qualified architect with at least five years post Part 3 experience in the UK to join our growing studio in East London.
The role sought is a senior position within the team delivering the new Museum of London through RIBA work stages 4 and 5. To be considered, candidates must be able to demonstrate experience leading and producing packages in Revit in these work stages, as well as demonstrate exemplary design and communication skills.
Sited in the West Smithfield Market complex, the new Museum of London is a major cultural project in the city. Recently granted planning permission, the scheme was described by the planners as an ‘exceptional and world-class example of the sensitive restoration and re-use of historic buildings whilst maximising economic and socially inclusive public access’. Asif Khan, collaborating with Stanton Williams and Julian Harrap, are responsible for a portion of the complex in the 1883 General Market building, including public galleries, cafe, restaurant, retail, learning, and tenanted spaces.
Asif Khan is a research and development led architecture studio who design buildings, landscapes, exhibitions and installations, among other things. Khan’s practice explores how material and social innovations can fundamentally alter the way people experience and shape their environment, realised through rigorously detailed and delivered outputs. Alongside the new Museum of London at West Smithfield, other current projects include the Tselinny Centre of Contemporary Culture in Almaty and the public realm for the Dubai Expo 2020.
Required skills and experience:
- at least five years post Part 3 qualification experience within the UK
- cultural and public project experience in the UK, demonstrating exemplary design and construction detailing
- complex Stage 4 drawing package production in Revit
- complex coordination within a large design team
- proficiency in Rhino, Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite. Enscape and Grasshopper also preferred but not essential
- a thorough understanding of modern methods of construction and current UK Building Regulations
- specification writing
- interpersonal and team-building skills, communication and presentation skills
- written and verbal English proficiency
- a passion for making is preferable, including knowledge of 3D printing, CNC and laser cutting
- eligibility to work in the UK
Remuneration, benefits and studio culture:
- salary subject to experience
- working hours 9am–6.30pm with options for flexi home-working
- 34 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays)
- workplace pension
- professional membership fees paid
- annual team trips to European destinations and regular social events
- discretionary annual bonus
- regular RIBA approved CPD Seminars & Annual training budget
- career development programme for all staff, focussed on career progression guidance and mentorship
- great studio environment with a very friendly atmosphere to work in, located in East London within 12 mins walk from the nearest tube station Bethnal Green and 5 mins from Cambridge Heath Overground
To submit your application please click the ‘apply’ button below.