Avery Hall Investments is searching for a senior designer to join its development and design team in New York, USA.
This is a senior position, requiring at least five-plus years of experience working in architecture or related design firm. Senior designers develop and execute creative and appropriate design solutions for projects under the direction of the principal; they must have the ability to lead project design teams and delegate work in a timely and constructive manner. Senior designers have a thorough understanding of what it means to be both the developer and the designer and the company’s design philosophy; they provide major input in developing a design concept and can effectively convey this to the team. Senior designers have experience with mixed-use ground-up residential architecture.
- with principals, lead project teams through all phases of a project, including conceptual and schematic design, design development and construction drawings
- develop massing and space-planning concepts and generate program documents
- work with principals to guide project vision and ensure detailing, finishes, furniture, and materials all align with project vision
- work with consultants to meet overall project objectives
assist in managing team communication and consultant coordination
work with project architect and project team to ensure design intent is accurately interpreted in documents
- demonstrate knowledge of building codes, standards and the ability to resolve complex technical and design issues
- ensure projects conform to contract and design specifications
contribute to and reinforce the team effort method of producing design projects
- visualize design through digital programs
- pro-actively keep principals and directors informed of work status and seek clarification where appropriate
- identify issues, risks and conflicts and ask for assistance and/or delegate in a timely and constructive manner when required
Please submit applications using the ‘apply’ link below.