Travel and lifestyle brand Away is hiring a senior designer – retail store and visual merchandising in New York.
The senior designer will manage design development and communication of store environments, fixtures and visual merchandising directives for all domestic and international retail stores. In this role, you will both lead the design development team and help to execute on projects.
The role will report to the director of retail and work in conjunction with the senior retail development manager.
● create and execute seasonal and product launch vision
● develop the visual merchandising directives for all retail locations in support of new product launches and sell through guides
● partner with director of retail to develop and execute on-brand design solutions for the brand vision as well as ongoing retail activities.
● understand and articulate the visual merchandising design department’s visions, goals, and strategies.
● collaborate with design teams on global execution, guidelines, and approvals
● create in-store merchandising elements for global markets
● provide design support and documentation during completion and execution of design concepts
● design stores, prepare/deliver renderings and schematic packages
● develop new fixture components and accessories, where applicable, to further enhance merchandising impactor and/or improve navigation of the store
● direct all phases of design execution, revisions, mechanical production and artwork release
● provide creative input on design schemes and project boards
● Prepare and review CAD drawings and specs for custom fixtures
● collaborate with CEO and director of retail to integrate specific projects with overall brand strategies and style guidelines
Who you are:
● seven+ years of experience; corporate or hospitality interiors experience preferred
● you have a professional degree in architecture or interior design
● you have an advanced knowledge of interiors and design concepts, practices and methods
● highly creative and innovative problem solver
● you have excellent sketching and/or computer skills and conceptual design skills
● you have a successful track record directing or coordinating work efforts of junior staff, with thoughtful, inspirational and collaborative leadership
● strong verbal and written communicator with skills that exude clarity; including client presentation skills
● Proficient in Revit, AutoCAD (2010 or better), SketchUp, Microsoft Office Suite, Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator
● competitive salary + equity
● health, dental, and vision insurance
● 401(k) retirement savings plan
● fitness reimbursement
● quarterly company outings
● annual international team trips
Away (awaytravel.com) is modernizing the travel experience, beginning with your luggage, while striving to set the example for how socially conscious companies should conduct themselves. In November 2015, we launched our brand in Vogue, GQ, and USA Today, and have been featured in over 100 publications including New York Magazine, Travel + Leisure, and Wallpaper*. Away was founded by two Warby Parker alums and has raised $31M in venture funding led by Forerunner Ventures, Accel Partners, and Global Founders Capital.