Aylott + Van Tromp is seeking an experienced graphic designer to join its studio in central London.
We are currently looking for a graphic designer who will be responsible for both clients branding and graphic design projects and for internal communications, new business and project support, developing company brand guidelines and ensuring brand consistency.
We are a small and dynamic studio, so this is an opportune chance for a candidate to hone their skills and place their own stamp on the companies development as it moves forward and grows.
Creative and enthusiastic with solid technical expertise in all Creative Suite applications (Adobe CS, Photoshop and Illustrator), layout and print production in InDesign, you will need to be flexible in your approach; supporting the interiors team with the production of presentations, reports, illustrations and environmental graphics, whilst also being able to switch to working on standalone branding and graphic projects.
Knowledge of working within the luxury brand sector would be highly desirable along with basic web-building skills such as a knowledge of Squarespace.
You must have sound communication skills as well as meticulous attention to detail and be familiar with the hospitality industry. Having a background and degree in graphic design or similar and experience working within a mixed-discipline studio is also a must.
- experience working in the design or publishing profession
- experience of integrating graphic design into interiors and branded environments
- expert in InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- familiarity with the production process for books and printed documents
- strong organisational skills, accurate with exceptional attention to detail
- effectively meet project deadlines
- designing and producing exceptional quality printed project brochures
- to produce high quality, error-free, ready-to-print documents
- to produce documents and presentations in line with branding and style guidelines
- to provide creative design as and when required
- to review methods of working regularly with a view to continually improving efficiency and quality
- evolving the existing set of graphic guidelines and templates and acting as an internal brand guardian
- supporting new business, preparing bids and proposals in order to ensure the highest standard of bid submission and portfolio material
- managing the print production process, determining paper stocks, print processes and binding techniques, and ensuring all deliverables are on time and budget
- retouching images using Adobe Photoshop
- proofreading and editing the work of others
- other duties commensurate with this role that may be required from time to time
- minimum three years’ experience producing high-quality design for print and screen
- graphic design qualification or similar
- experience of managing quality print production to strict deadlines
- high-level command of all necessary software
- BA (Hons) degree in graphic design or similar
- excellent design skills
- an ability to prioritise work and manage your own time
- a creative flair, originality, imagination and a strong visual sense
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- professional attitude with ability to meet deadlines and to multi-task
- pro-active approach
To apply please submit a CV with concise motivation letter and portfolio in PDF format (max. 10MB), indicating your availability and salary expectation using the ‘apply’ link below.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
Location: the studio is currently moving location from Chelsea to central London, Farringdon/Clerkenwell.