Baca Architects is seeking a talented architect to join its team based near London Bridge, London.
We specialise in waterfront, flood resilient and floating master planning & architecture.
We are looking for an architect with at least two years post-Part 2, with experience of running projects in the UK, preferably in the residential, hospitality and leisure sector. We are an R&D practice, welcoming candidates with a research or sustainability interest as well as people with good communication skills. Candidates comfortable with liaising with Client, some BIM experience and good project management experience would be preferable.
- passionate about buildings and the built environment, and care about the welfare of people in the built environment
- good communication skills
- good drawing skills with the ability to work in three dimensions
- inventive and imaginative
- good personal organisation, planning and timekeeping
- ability to work to deadlines
- good visual awareness and eye for detail
- ability to work as part of a team
- enthusiasm and commitment to the rest of the team
Core professional skills required:
- RIBA part 3 accredited qualifications or internationally recognised equivalent.
- high proficiency in written and spoken English with the ability to write in a legal and contractual manner
- high proficiency in 2D & 3D hand drawing
- high proficiency in the production and management of 2D & 3D CAD drawings
- (Vectorworks, AutoCad, or Microstation etc)
- medium to high proficiency with preparing presentation material using software such as MS PowerPoint and Adobe Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, etc)
- understanding of the building process, key stages and role of an architect.
- good understanding of the procurement process and contract law.
- ability to work on medium to large building projects from start to completion either with regular supervision by the director or other senior staff or as part of a team.
- creating building designs and highly detailed drawings both by hand and by using specialist computer-aided design (CAD) applications.
- personal time management throughout the project, preparation of timesheets and reporting to directors.
Detailed technical skills required:
- identifying constraining factors such as town planning legislation, environmental impact and project budget.
- preparing architectural designs in 2D & 3D to a high level of proficiency.
- working closely with and managing a team of other professionals such as engineers, quantity surveyors and architectural technologists.
- writing and presenting reports, proposals, tender applications and contracts.
- preparing, submitting and negotiating feasibility studies, detailed planning applications, building regulations and other statutory applications.
- producing detailed working drawings and specifications.
- determining the appropriate materials to be used including understanding building science, waterproofing, U-values etc
- specifying the requirements for the project including using the National Building Specification (NBS).
- making sure the project is running according to schedule and budget.
- contract administration, reviewing valuations, preparing certificates etc.
- playing a part in project and team management.
- (post Covid-19) Travelling regularly to building sites, proposed locations and client meetings
To submit your application please click the ‘apply’ button below.