Baca Architects have an opportunity for a Part 1/2 architectural assistant to join its busy London office.
The award-winning, design and research-led practice is offering the chance to get involved in their unique work within flood-resilient design. This includes design-led projects focusing on floating leisure, residential schemes in areas of flood risk, masterplanning and involvement in national and international competitions.
The ideal candidate will be a strong designer with previous practice experience (minimum one-year post-graduation). Their portfolio must demonstrate outstanding 3D modelling and visualisation skills, work with initiative, and be a good all-rounder. Prior knowledge of Vectorworks is advantageous.
Future career prospects may be available for a permanent role within the practice upon completion of a three-month probationary period.
- passionate about the built environment, people and place
- previous practice experience (minimum one year)
- good communication skills
- good drawing skills with the ability to work in three dimensions
- inventive and imaginative
- good personal organisation, planning and timekeeping
- ability to work to deadlines
- enthusiasm and commitment
Core professional skills required:
- RIBA accredited qualifications or internationally recognised equivalent
- extensive experience with V-Ray (or equivalent) with excellent visualisation skills
- good proficiency with Adobe Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, etc) for preparing presentation material
- excellent proficiency in written and spoken English
- outstanding design portfolio
- good proficiency in the production and management of 2D and 3D CAD drawings (Vectorworks preferable)
- general understanding of the building process, key stages and role of an architect and other team members
Baca Architects is an equal opportunities employer. The starting salary will be negotiated according to professional experience.
If you meet the above criteria email a covering letter expressing your interest in working for Baca Architects, your availability, CV and portfolio for the attention of Matt Sharman-Hayles, using the ‘apply’ link below. We receive a large number of applications and will only be able to contact successful applicants.