Bar Studio is seeking a client engagement leader to join its studio in Melbourne, Australia.
International, collaborative and culturally-engaged, BAR Studio specialises in the design of hotels and resorts throughout the Asia-Pacific. We have established a portfolio of refined and sensitively realised projects, consisting of an evolving portfolio of Rosewood hotels and resorts in destinations such as Beijing, Phuket and Phnom Penh, Grand Hyatt hotels in Hong Kong and Seoul, the award-winning Park Hyatt Sydney and recently-completed Park Hyatt Niseko Hanazono, with more notable projects in the pipeline.
We are committed to design responses that ground each project in a cultural and aesthetic landscape while crafting stand-out authentic guest experiences for a contemporary global traveller. We value material and spatial quality, detail and the integrity of our design.
The key to creating successful design outcomes lies in our personal approach and our creative and professional partnerships with strong, cohesive and effective consultants combined with an agile and collaborative team structure.
Finding people who are a good fit for our studio is important to us, and we have a new opportunity for a client engagement leader to join our growing international team. This exciting opportunity will suit an entrepreneurial strategic thinker with a high level of commercial acumen.
The client engagement leader is responsible for overseeing our approach to client account management of hotel owner/operators. Does this include working closely with the BAR Studio? Client account managers to regularly engage with clients to understand their needs; prepare project fee proposals/variations, and oversee contractual obligations to demonstrate the client value proposition BAR Studio brings to the relationship.
We are looking for someone with:
- extensive client account management and business development experience, preferably in an architecture or interior design environment
- a degree-level qualification in either business management/commerce or architecture/interior design, or equivalent experience
- previous experience in negotiating commercial contractual agreements
- in-depth knowledge of the interior design process and quality assurance practices
- knowledge of the hospitality industry is an advantage
- experience with a CRM tool will be advantageous
- an effective communicator, capable of influencing discussions and liaising with a range of stakeholders
- with an approachable leadership style, culturally aligned to BAR collaborative values and definition of success
- transformational leader – skilled in leading and engaging project-based teams to aligned goals and successful outcomes
- natural planner, highly organised and process-driven
- curious and globally-minded
The role is located in Melbourne and relocation assistance will be provided for the right candidate.
Please visit our website to learn more about our projects and our team.
To apply for this great opportunity, please submit your resume by clicking the ‘apply’ button below.