Barlow & Barlow is seeking a senior architectural, interiors and FF&E designer to join its team in London.
Barlow & Barlow are looking for a creative and organised individual who will work alongside Lucy and Joshua, Barlow & Barlow’s directors. To lead numerous high level design led and FF&E residential and commercial projects throughout the UK and overseas.
The ideal candidate must be confident running a project from conception through to completion, a forward thinker, loyal to the studio, a team player, creative and upbeat person who can hold their own with clients, suppliers and project teams alike and have a passion for architecture, interiors and art.
Skills and qualifications:
- graduated with an architectural or interior design degree
- at least five years’ post-graduate experience in the residential market
- commercial project experience would also be an advantage
- full proficiency using Autocad, Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Suite
- experience using Estimac would also be advantageous
- experience working on all aspects of design and FF&E projects
- a clear understanding of a project’s timeline and most importantly deadlines
- project budgeting and forecasting
- good supplier and product knowledge
- fluent in spoken and written English
- impeccable and concise communication and presentation skills, verbal and written
- an exceptional eye for detail, colour and knowledge of FF&E suppliers
- strong knowledge of both Interior Architecture and FF&E, with the technical understanding to support working across both sides of the business
- together with the other senior designers, lead and direct the creative and conceptual stages of the project
- ability to push the team, inspire new ideas, helping to source new furniture, antiques and art and bring original and fresh thoughts to the studio
- ability to deliver a strong pitch or presentation with confidence in public speaking
- overseeing middleweight designers across various projects
- confidence and experience in skilled space planning
- experience in managing large and complex FF&E budgets, procurement and installations
- attending regular internal design team meetings and assisting the designers on the conceptual and technical side of the design process
- establishing detailed project timelines with internal milestones and leading kick-off meetings at each design phase/wrap-up meetings on handover
- able to respond effectively to complex questions whilst working and switching between various projects
- able to develop detailed specifications
- manage and check information produced by sub-contractors
Please submit your covering letter, CV and portfolio via the ‘apply’ link below.