Barton Bespoke is looking for a design engineer to join its team in Nottingham, UK.
Barton Bespoke is a well-established company of furniture designers and makers and is based in Long Eaton. Manufactures of custom-made furniture for high-end residential & commercial projects in the UK and abroad. Combining traditional hand skills with advanced materials and technology.
An exciting opportunity has come up for an experienced senior furniture designer to join the existing team.
The successful candidate will take inspiring design concepts and using CAD software, turn the designs into a set of engineering drawings for in-house manufacture including CNC, leatherwork, upholstery, new innovative materials and finishings as well as outsourced parts from sub-contractors. They will prepare a bill of materials for the factory to work with and source parts to be ordered by purchasing. In addition, the engineer will support the project manager and be able to answer any technical questions in relation to the construction and manufacture of the design by manufacturing teams.
Main areas of responsibility would include:
- client liaison
- design development
- site surveys
- researching and integrating fittings
- the production of client and workshop drawings to the highest standards
- briefing makers and regular visits to the workshop to ensure the work is being made as intended
- between two to five years’ experience of producing detailed drawings of bespoke furniture for manufacture
- fluent in SolidWorks and frame design
- a good understanding of furniture production methods and materials
- experience of making furniture would be advantageous
- excellent knowledge of bespoke furniture making and construction
- ability to plan and schedule your own work to meet the team’s goals
- excellent communication, interpersonal and team working skills
- ability to work to budgets for completion of engineering drawings
- ability to travel and be competent at note taking for taking on-site measurements
- ability to use MS Office competently
Job type: full-time
Please submit your CV, cover letter and portfolio using the ‘apply’ link below.