BBUK Studio is seeking a Revit BIM technician/junior landscape architect to join its team in London.
Revit BIM technician/junior landscape architect
We are looking for a Revit BIM technician/junior landscape architect to join our expanding London team, to work alongside our senior designers on a wide array of residential and commercial projects. The successful applicant will need strong skills in Revit, BIM workflow and 3D visuals generally as well as an interest in landscape. They will champion best practices and workflows within our design process to best realise our creative vision.
The ideal candidate will be someone relatively new to the industry who thrives in a collaborative and fast-paced environment, and who can also be flexible to the needs of our clients and senior designers. BBUK will provide the opportunity for the successful candidate to develop their skills in concept design, planting knowledge, material palette and applications, whilst working on a range of exciting residential and commercial projects of various sizes and typologies.
BBUK are committed to providing a progressive and inspiring work culture, which thrives on delivering excellent work and client relations.
Role and responsibilities:
- produce Revit BIM models
- produce 3D visuals using Vectorworks, Photoshop and other 3D rendering software
- support senior designers in realising design concepts
- interpret, import and coordinate project information, including architectural drawings and specifications
- assist with the production of technical drawings, reports and specifications
- attend project meetings
- ensure best practice by keeping abreast of design processes, systems and techniques
Required skills and experience:
- minimum six months’ experience in production and coordination of Revit BIM models in an architectural or landscape practice
- Excellent CAD skills – Revit essential, Vectorworks and SketchUp preferred – cross training from other CAD platforms considered
- a minimum of 12 months experience in an architecture, landscape architecture or garden design practice
- an in-depth understanding of modern digital construction concepts
- an understanding of the principles of CDM
- excellent written and spoken communications skills
- excellent time management
- enjoy working in a fast-moving, dynamic and professional atmosphere
Experience of working on multi-disciplinary design teams, particularly commercial/residential projects, is desirable.
- salary: £25,000
- leave: 20 days holiday and bank holidays
- ongoing training and development
- strong opportunity to develop personally and professionally
The role is full time and will be based in our London studio.