BDG architecture + design is looking for a commercial manager to join its team in London.
BDG architecture + design is a team of architects, designers and creative thinkers.
We are listeners and communicators, collaborators and solution seekers. We believe that architecture is most successful when it is able to connect people and spaces. Our role is to help make those connections. That’s why we focus on finding the best solution for each client.
With our unique process of analysing and understanding space, along with the requirements of the user, we are able to bring together architectural, interior design and workplace expertise to provide a strategic and cohesive service for all projects. We recognise that buildings are foremost about people, and understand that our role as architects and designers allows us to deliver creative and stimulating spaces that provide better environments for people to enjoy.
We are also part of WPP, a creative transformation company. We bring together brilliant people to build better futures for our clients across the globe.
Reporting to the CFO, you will be based in our growing London studio and will oversee commercial responsibilities across our other studios in New York, Sao Paulo and Hong Kong.
The role involves preparing and coordinating the commercial contents for any RFI and/or RFP’s and we are looking for someone who enjoys variety in their work, has a great understanding of the design process and is used to working to a deadline.
Working closely with the senior leadership team, the tasks you will undertake include:
- prepare and manage fee proposals for local and global bids
- prepare, review and advise on additional scope, programme changes/prolongations and change requests
- managing the tracking of quotes and conversion to projects
- liaise with project directors and the senior team on agreed project fees, drawdowns and the scope of services
- content production for the commercial section of RFP responses including: Q&As, programme, procurement routes, fee proposals, resourcing, client’s templates, scope comments, fee assumptions and other as required
- act as the point of contact for sub-consultants and partners during the RFP process
- take responsibility for tracking and meeting deadlines
- resources coordination with the senior team and attending regular resourcing meetings
- the ideal candidate will demonstrate passion and knowledge of the design world, with a preference for previous interior design/workplace experience
- you will understand the design process and the general functions within the construction environment, including scope, programmes, deliverables, procurement options, etc.
- ability to multi-task, prioritise work and perform well under pressure
- strong commercial acumen, numeracy skills and attention to detail
- good Excel and InDesign skills
- strong ability to communicate with sound organisational and problem-solving skills
On joining BDG you can expect to be competitively rewarded for your hard work. You will also be entitled to a wide range of benefits to support your needs and lifestyle, including:
- 25 days annual leave (plus an extra day at Christmas)
- private medical insurance
- pension scheme
- bring your own device (BYOD) allowance
- share ownership scheme
- life assurance
- monthly massage
- season ticket loans
- childcare vouchers
- discounted gym memberships
- discounted Vodafone contracts (inc friends and family)
- weekly yoga
- subsidised food and drink in the Sea Containers Campus (including rooftop terrace)
- socials and sports teams
- and many more
So what now?
If you think you’ve got what it takes please apply through this portal, we will require your CV and a cover letter, along with your portfolio if relevant.
You should be eligible to work in the UK.
BDG very much regret that due to the number of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to every application.
BDG is an equal opportunities employer and we will keep your CV on file for up to 12 months and by applying for the role you are agreeing to this. You can, at any time, request to have your details removed from our database by following the steps on our privacy page.