BDG Architecture + Design is seeking an intermediate strategist to join its team in London, New York, Sao Paola and Shanghai.
BDG Architecture + Design is a team of architects, designers and creative thinkers with studios in London, New York, Sao Paolo and Shanghai.
We are listeners and communicators, collaborators and solution seekers. We believe that architecture and design is most successful when it is able to connect people and spaces. Our role is to help make those connections. That’s why we focus on finding the best solution for each client.
With our unique process of analysing and understanding space, along with the requirements of the user, we are able to bring together architectural, interior design and workplace expertise to provide a strategic and cohesive service for all projects. We recognise that buildings are foremost about people, and understand that our role as architects and designers allows us to deliver creative and stimulating spaces that provide better environments for people to enjoy.
We are also part of WPP which is one of the world’s largest communications services groups, made up of leading companies in: advertising; media investment management; Information, insight & consultancy; public relations & public affairs; branding & identity; healthcare communications; Direct, promotion & relationship marketing; and specialist communications.
BDG is seeking a highly motivated intermediate strategists for employment in London, Shanghai, Sao Paulo and New York. Using creative design processes, we conceive and implement enterprise solutions that elevate, enhance and improve experiences for organizations and inform the business brief for our projects.
- delivering our consulting projects across varied businesses within the WPP groups
- managing and delivering specific activities within a project, including timeline, client engagement/interaction, communication, reporting and high-quality delivery with oversight
Aspects of project engagement include:
- conducting onsite and/or online engagements including user interviews and workshops
- analysing quantitative and qualitative data from research such as surveys and utilization studies
- translating quantitative and qualitative data into compelling findings and implementable solutions including program development
- identifying and developing change management opportunities and strategies to enable successful transitions
- assisting in design strategy, user research, space programming and/or change management
- comfortability in a fast-paced and collaborative environment with changing priorities
- self-starter ability to learn quickly and demonstrate willingness to take on new responsibilities
- ability to work in multi-disciplinary and distributed teams
- bachelors degree in a design or business-related field
- five plus years of related experience in the areas of design, consulting and/or real-estate
- previous exposure to project management
- familiarity with research methodologies and processes
- strong graphic skills with experience including Adobe Creative Suite
- proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel
- knowledge of databases such a PowerBI or Tableau will be seen as an advantage
- excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills in English (inc local dialect re location eg and Mandarin), including presentation delivery
- prior experience leading workshops, focus groups and/or presentations
- change management experience a major plus
On joining BDG you can expect to be competitively rewarded for your hard work. You will also be entitled to a wide range of benefits to support your needs and lifestyle including:
- healthcare plan
- company phone or BYOD
So what now?
If you think you’ve got what it takes please apply through this portal, we will require your CV and a cover letter, along with your portfolio if relevant.
You should be eligible to work in the country where we have a studio
BDG very much regret that due to the number of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to every application.
BDG is an equal opportunities employer and we will keep your CV on file for up to 12 months and by applying for the role you are agreeing to this. You can, at any time, request to have your details removed from our database by following the steps on our privacy page.
Please click on the following link for each specific studio: