BDP is seeking a bid and marketing manager to join its team in Birmingham, Manchester or Sheffield.
BDP is an architecture, engineering and design practice with a network of UK and international studios across the world. Our northern marketing team provides bid management and marketing support for five studios based in Manchester, Birmingham, Sheffield, Liverpool and Leeds.
We are looking for a bid and marketing manager to strengthen our regional team who has strong communication and organisational skills with the passion and drive to help us to deliver our business development plan.
We have a great opportunity for someone with strong communication and organisational skills, looking to further develop their passion for marketing, bidding and business development.
Reporting to either the senior marketing/bid lead or the head of marketing for our northern studios, you will engage with principals, sector leads and profession leads to support business development and all stages of the bid and marketing processes.
About the role
In this exciting new role, you will:
- support the northern marketing team by managing the bid process. This will include reading and understanding key bid deliverables, producing, writing, formatting and uploading bid and submission documents
- analyse bid feedback/develop best practice responses
- coordinate and prepare marketing materials
- organise client and business to business events
- engage with the wider BDP marketing team developing marketing material, working on external communications, managing web content, supporting PR, assisting at events
- collate and maintain sector/group/professional marketing information
- conduct research for marketing purposes
- support client-focused marketing and business development plans and initiatives
- support all marketing related tasks
- hold a degree and/or equivalent relevant experience; you may hold a professional marketing qualification, though this is not essential
- have the ability to take the initiative, have excellent communication skills and a keen eye for detail
- demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills with grammatical accuracy
- have strong graphic communication and design skills
- be competent in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign)
- be proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- be able to manage multiple deadlines and diverse projects
- be self-motivated with strong organisational and interpersonal skills
- have previous experience or a qualification in marketing/communications
- have previous experience of working within with construction or design sectors
- be a team player
We offer a great opportunity for your personal development with exposure to the full range of BDP’s skills and expertise, as well as an attractive remuneration package that includes a competitive salary, flexible pension allowance, private medical insurance, contribution towards professional subscriptions and a great working and social environment.
We have a Social Life committee which organises a wide range of social, sporting and charitable activities, and a communication committee for improvement and development ideas. Our studios are located in the city centre close to public transport links. You can find out more about our north region studios here.
To apply for the role please visit our careers page and complete the online application form, please ensure that you attach a CV, cover letter and concise portfolio and include your salary expectations. Please also indicate your preferred studio location.
Due to the current COVID-19 situation, interviews are likely be conducted via video conferencing (via Skype or Teams) and depending on start date and government guidelines the role would begin by working from home.
BDP is an equal opportunities employer
No agencies or third party applications please