BDP has an opportunity for a graphic designer to join its team in London.
Location: London, Clerkenwell
Contract: permanent, full time – Mon-Fri 9am -5.30pm
Salary: 24,000-26,000 per annum
BDP’s London studio is seeking a graphic designer to work collaboratively with our design teams in the production of project documents and presentations.
- to produce high quality, error-free, ready to print documents from supplied, technically verified content
- to ensure photos and illustrations are correctly captioned and in line with branding and style guidelines
- to create information graphics and diagrams in Illustrator
- to produce documents and presentations using agreed templates in line with branding and style guidelines
- to interact with the content provider (design strategy leads, graphic design team) on issues and enquiries arising from files or data supplied
- complete production of allocated documents within timescales dictated by the RIBA schedule
- to provide creative design as and when required (desirable but not essential)
- to maintain publishing schedule of allocated workload using Excel
- to review methods of working regularly with a view to continually improving efficiency and quality
- experience working in the design or publishing profession
- expert in InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop
- intermediate in PowerPoint/Excel/Word
- familiarity with the production process for books and documents
- strong organisational skills, accurate & numerate with exceptional attention to detail
- effectively meet project deadlines
Education: BA (Hons) degree in graphic design
Please note that the successful candidate will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check (BPSS) and will be required to undergo various checks including identity, right to work; three years’ UK employment/education history and criminal record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
BDP is a major international interdisciplinary practice of architects, designers, engineers and urbanists working together to create outstanding ‘places for people’.
We work closely with users, clients and the community to create special places for living, working, shopping, culture and learning across Europe, Africa, Asia and Australia.
Founded in Preston in the UK in 1961, we now have studios across the UK, Ireland, Netherlands, the MENA region, India, and China. BDP has a leading track record in all major sectors including health, education, workplace, retail, urbanism, heritage, housing, transport, leisure, public safety and energy utilities, having won over 1000 awards for design quality from international and national bodies.
In return, BDP offers an excellent opportunity for your personal development as well as an attractive remuneration package that includes a competitive salary, profit share scheme, flexible pension allowance, travel allowance, private medical insurance, contribution towards professional subscriptions and a great working environment.
To apply for this role please ensure that you submit your application through the BDP recruitment system, you will then need to complete the online registration form, please ensure that you include a copy of you CV and portfolio. Please include an indication of your salary expectations.
BDP is an equal opportunity employer.
No agencies or third party applications please.