Beaumont has an opportunity for an experienced technician/draftsperson to join its team in Cambridge, UK.
The ideal candidate will either live locally to Cambridge or be willing to commute on a daily basis to site.
This role will play an important part in assisting the projects team in the delivery of drawing packages for Beaumont projects in Cambridge, new and existing. The ideal candidate should have a good knowledge of the construction process and be competent at taking a brief and delivering a design that meets the needs and deadline of the project. This role will specifically work on office fit-outs and refurbishment projects.
- produce and provide architectural drawings and related services as assigned
- prepare full package(s) of technical design, tender and construction drawings from general arrangements through to section details
- develop schematic drawings and layouts for clients/tenants
- assist in the issuance of drawings when required
- review and coordinate drawing packages
- liaise with contractors, specialists and consultants when required
- prepare detailed design drawings and specifications for refurbishments and new builds
- manage project filing as per the office procedures and requirements
- ensure drawings comply with statutory regulations
- attend site visits and progress/project meetings when requested
- manage the office CAD system standards
- demonstrate an innovative approach to design and be confident in working on a number of projects at any one time
Competencies for the role:
- five years’ plus working experience in technical design and interior architecture ability to produce clear and detailed technical set of drawings for fabrications, inclusive of specification information
- technical problem solver with the ability to work out architectural solutions through innovative thinking (documented through construction drawings/details)
- proficient with the use of AutoCAD. SketchUp skills are desirable but not required
- good understanding of the construction process and current statutory regulations
- strong timekeeping skills and have confidence in working in demanding environments
- strong aesthetic sensibilities and design skills
- ability to take instructions and deliver effectively to brief
- strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work well in a team
Please submit applications using the ‘apply’ link below.