at Bell Phillips Architects
Bell Phillips Architects is hiring a studio manager to join its team in London.
We are looking for a studio manager to join a dynamic and friendly team of 30 located in beautiful riverside offices in Wapping, E1.
Bell Phillips Architects specialise in housing and have a growing body of work in the public realm, education, and public building sectors. We work on regeneration and direct delivery housing for many of the London boroughs, and for many aspirational, well-known developers. We pride ourselves on sticking by our principles. We aim to deliver community-led schemes, sustainable design, and craft collective space for people to thrive. We also incorporate these principles amongst ourselves. Our people are our passion. We offer a generous benefit scheme, enhanced holidays and a competitive salary.
The studio manager will support the team across a wide range of tasks and ensure the smooth running of the studio. This is varied and interesting role and the ideal candidate should be someone who is highly organised and proactive, able to work well independently and have a friendly and helpful persona.
- studio administration including telephones, deliveries, supplies
- front of house; diary coordination, setting up meetings, dealing with visitors
- provide administrative support to the team
- booking travel, couriers, tickets
- IT support, liaising with the external IT support company and managing software licences
- coordinate studio maintenance and upkeep
- ensure compliance and update processes relating to health and safety regulations
- manage training and the CPD schedule
- provide HR support including induction and recruitment
- assist in organising publicity events, staff socials and studio trips
- provide support to the social value programme, work experience placements and educational programmes
- a genuine interest in architecture and the built environment
- clear and succinct communication skills
- a genuine ‘people person’ who thrives on teamwork
- a positive, friendly and practical approach to problem solving
- organised, able to work under pressure with close attention to detail
- excellent Microsoft; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite; Acrobat, InDesign and Photoshop
- knowledge of health and safety requirements
The role is full-time and permanent.
We recognise that ethnic minorities are currently underrepresented at Bell Phillips Architects and are therefore taking positive action to address the diversity of our office. We encourage job applications from underrepresented groups in order to build a business that reflects the society in which we live. Please send a brief introduction addressing the key requirements noted above along with your salary expectations and CV, combined into one PDF document via the apply for job button below.
Please refer to the website for further information about the practice.