Ben Pentreath is recruiting an interior design assistant to be part of its team in London.
Ben Pentreath is seeking an interior design assistant with two to three years’ experience to join the decoration team at our creative studio in Bloomsbury. This vacancy is perfect for a passionate, friendly and highly organised individual.
We are looking for a kind and hard-working multitasker who is willing to work flexibly within a team of ten people. The ideal candidate will have a strong attention to detail and a conscientious and proactive approach to all areas of duty. Day-to-day reporting will be to lead project decorator(s), but duties will also extend to general studio. Previous career experience in similar starting role is ideal.
The role will primarily be responsible for general design duties, including but not limited to:
- procurement, including obtaining pricing, estimating, ordering, tracking and invoicing
- preparing documents and ordering materials for meetings
- attending site visits and client meetings, and producing accurate and detailed meeting minutes
- assisting on installations as required
- creating visuals in Photoshop and InDesign for clients
- answering telephone calls in a polite and professional manner, transferring calls and taking clear and accurate messages
- maintaining the tidy appearance of the studio, library and kitchen
- updating internal documents and schedules
- welcoming clients and providing refreshments
The ideal candidate will have:
- a passion for interior design and architecture with an understanding of design styles, suppliers, products and finishes
- an understanding of project programmes and deadlines
- technical understanding and experience in producing furniture drawings, elevations and visuals
A working knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop, Microsoft Office and EstiMac is imperative, and experience of Vectorworks are desirable.
A good understanding of VAT and basic budgeting and accounting is indispensable.
We would like to find someone with a good sense of humour, excellent communication and design skills, and an appreciation of working in a friendly, creative environment. They will find pleasure in being productive and getting things done, and will support the whole team with enthusiasm, care and attention.
The role is office-based, permanent and full-time. Applicants must be fluent in spoken and written English and have ability to work in the UK.
Please apply with your CV, cover letter and portfolio via the apply for job button below.
Regrettably, owing to volume of applications, it will only be possible to contact successful applicants for interview.