Benoy is seeking an architect to join its studio in London.
Benoy is a global family of design experts specialising in architecture, masterplanning and interior design. Balancing creative vision with commercial viability, Benoy works with clients to create iconic destinations that strengthen communities and deliver lasting economic value.
Unconstrained by sectors or building formats, Benoy’s people focus on agile, flexible and experiential design. Using “creative commerciality” to solve problems and unlock potential, they believe that when design solutions are culturally relevant, human-centric and sustainable, they enhance social wellbeing and stimulate economic prosperity.
About the role
As an architect in our London studio you’ll be responsible for undertaking aspects of project delivery through design and development, liaising and coordinating with key stakeholders as necessary.
- design expertise
- delivers high quality design work, engaging others with their creative and innovative thinking
- project delivery
- demonstrate a working knowledge of the design process and project brief, supporting the preparation of the project deliverables and other activities related to the project development
- deliver high-quality work with limited guidance, demonstrating developed technical and/or design skills
- manage third parties according to the parameters of the project
- team membership
- act as a team player, actively seeking feedback and demonstrating a positive attitude towards work and team activities
- support company-wide initiatives and proactively seek feedback
- client relationships
- respond positively towards clients and consultants
- provide support to senior team members with client presentations and meetings as required
- budget control
- recognise the importance of the project budget and seeks to develop their knowledge of project financials
- presents as a talented designer, with a portfolio that showcases great creativity and innovative thinking
- degree in related design field or equivalent certification or skill level; professional registration or equivalent is preferred
- a minimum of three years’ experience in delivering large-scale mixed-use projects, within the UK and/or internationally
- proficiency with computer applications commonly used; Revit, SketchUp and Rhino proficiency is essential, use of parametric tools is highly desirable
- ability to work both collaboratively, and with autonomy as required
- strong communication (written/verbal) and interpersonal skills
- a confident personality that can communicate and engage at all levels
- eligibility to work in the UK is essential