Benoy is seeking a senior urban designer to join its team in London.
Are you a dynamic senior urban designer with an innovative portfolio to match? Are you seeking to gain experience across a range of UK and global projects?
We are looking for a creative, collaborative team player to join our masterplanning team on a permanent contract. You will work on a variety of design projects across multiple sectors and countries, while also mentoring junior team members.
As part of the architectural team, the senior urban designer focuses on developing masterplans for medium and large-scale projects in the UK and internationally. This role encompasses conceptual and strategic thinking, city-scale and regional masterplanning, building design and the production of detailed urban design guidelines and development frameworks.
What we are looking for:
- degree in urban planning/architecture/landscape architecture and an MA in urban design or equivalent
- proven experience in leading projects across a wide range of project sectors, including infrastructure/transport, urban regeneration and residential masterplanning, and have worked across UK, Middle East, Asia and Africa
- a deep interest and curiosity in the process of designing and planning of the urban environments
- passion for design and the ability to thrive in an environment where you can demonstrate initiative, creativity and self-sufficiency
- deadline-driven and capable of coordinating and leading projects with limited supervision
- confident in presenting to, coordinating and liaising with clients and consultants
- advanced software skills, highly proficient in at least four of the following, Adobe Creative Suite, AutoCAD, SketchUp, Revit, Rhino, GIS software and CityEngine
What we can offer you:
- competitive salary
- agile working with the option of three days in the studio and two working from home
- a fun, inclusive and collaborative studio environment with an active calendar of social activities
- 22 days annual leave with the option to buy more (Pro-rated)
- a range of benefits, including private medical/life insurance and pension
- act as the lead for selected masterplanning projects, managing both internal and external stakeholders to ensure delivery from concept through to detailed stages
- design independently and as part of a wider team – understanding the full complexities of the urban design process, eg. transport, economics, infrastructure, design codes and guidelines etc
- role model Benoy’s values and contribute towards a collaborative environment in which innovation is encouraged and best practice shared
- build a network across the business and seek leadership opportunities by directing and supporting junior team members
- make a positive contribution towards project meetings and client presentations
- develop a working understanding of cost control, fee charging and project finance, and consider how project fees are maximised without threat to client relationship and repeat work
- develop a working understanding of business development and marketing across Benoy and Handley House
Please attach a portfolio showcasing work that best demonstrates your talents to your application.