Berkeley Group is seeking a junior interior designer to join its London-based team.
Berkeley East & West Thames is currently seeking a junior interior designer to join its interior design team for an immediate start. Based in our brand new head office at Royal Arsenal Riverside, Woolwich, southeast London. We offer a competitive salary, benefits including company pension, 25 days annual leave and private medical after one years’ service. Working hours are Monday – Friday 8.00am to 5.30pm.
Berkeley East & West Thames combines three major regeneration schemes, Royal Arsenal Riverside, Kidbrooke Village and Southall Waterside delivering over 400 homes each year.
Consisting of two operating companies – Berkeley East Thames and Berkeley West Thames, our key focus is to provide large and complex regeneration schemes improving previously neglected areas of London for the future.
Based on site at its flagship scheme at Royal Arsenal Riverside, the East Thames division operates schemes under the Berkeley brand.
Reporting to the interior design manager, the junior interior designer will be responsible for supporting the team throughout the design process, coordinating on-site installations and deliveries, raising invoices and working on technical drawings. The role of the junior designer is essential to ensure that all projects are within budget and delivered with the required timeframes. Candidates must be creative, artistic and have the ability to multitask and perform under pressure.
Examples of show homes, leisure facilities and communal areas we have designed can be found here:
Main duties and responsibilities:
- support the interior design team with the day to day activities
- be part of initial design concepts, create boards and cost all FF&E specifications
- type and distribute purchase orders for approval and follow up with the accounts department
- engage daily with suppliers and contractors
- weekly site visits, meetings and surveys of various projects around our sites
- maintain a filing system for all purchase orders, design presentations and samples library
- assist with any styling requirements when on site
Person specification – experience/knowledge required:
- interior architecture/design degree essential
- analytical, creative and accurate – pride in own work and also that of the team
- target driven, self-motivated and able to work well in a team
- minimum of one-two years’ experience in similar role
- experience in creating design presentations, communicating ideas to clients and the rest of the team
- organised and demonstrable time management skills
- computer literate – Microsoft Office pack
- positive attitude, flexible, helpful and enthusiastic
- good command of spoken and written English
- proficient in AutoCAD, SketchUp, Photoshop
- business-like and professional both in manner and appearance
If you are interested in this role please submit your with your CV and portfolio by clicking the ‘apply’ button below.
Please combine all documents as one PDF attachment (within 5MB) and label it as “job/your name/date.
Along with a cover letter stating:
- salary expectation
- a paragraph on why you are the right candidate, how you would benefit the team and what you can contribute to the role of junior interior designer