Bert Frank is seeking a design engineer to join its London-based team.
Bert Frank is looking for a design engineer for CAD management of all current lighting product and development. A drive to deliver product to the best standard possible through manufacturing techniques and processes.
Ability to manage most up to date files for all parts, assemblies and drawings as well as building QC & assembly documents. Ability to liaise with factories on a daily basis and in person a few times a month to address any ongoing development.
- preferred – three years industry product engineering experience, in lighting if possible
- advanced skills in Solidworks, Technical drawing and CAD management
- providing design and engineering support for existing product lines
preparing BOMs and manufacturing packages
- a depth of knowledge in parts, assemblies & manufacturing processes. Including metal machining, laser cutting, stamping, spinning etc
- fault finding and problem-solving with processes or design detailing
- improving, by design, the assembly methods, parts and fixtures to increase productivity yields
- producing engineering drawings to relevant drawing standards
- preparing for and participating in, design and other engineering reviews
- forward thinking and willing to take responsibility in working and continually trying to improve
- strong administrative skills and happy to work on tasks outside of the design remit
- sourcing, contacting and managing suppliers within design budgets
- possess a positive, proactive attitude
- Factory visits within UK with some travel OS
Applications must include:
- CV and portfolio as an A4 landscape PDF attachment – no web links
- salary expectations
- cover letter
Please, submit your application by clicking the ‘apply’ button below.