Bethan Gray Design is seeking a sales/marketing administrator to join its studio in London.
About Bethan Gray Design
London-based Bethan Gray is one of the UK’s most celebrated furniture and homeware designers, having been awarded four Elle Decoration British Design Awards, including the coveted Best British Designer and the Best British Tableware Designer. Established in 2008, Bethan Gray Design creates luxury handcrafted collections of furniture and home accessories that are sold through global retailers such as Harrods, Liberty, Lane Crawford and EJ Victor, and also available directly.
About the role
We are looking for a passionate and motivated sales and marketing administrator with exceptional attention to detail to work within the sales and marketing team at our London studio, reporting to the sales and marketing directors.
Duties and responsibilities in detail:
- maintain and manage our social media channels, curation input
- liaise with our marketing team and press team to organize the flow of content and imagery
- edit copy of invites and newsletters for brand showcase and activations
- manage the press relations and respond to requests in a timely manner
- maintain press loans database and ensure all product loans are logged
- coordinate marketing activities with our partner resellers
- manage content for our partner resellers’ websites
- to answer and manage general sales and inbound product enquiries in a competent and efficient manner, following our established protocols, as below:
- to provide a high level of customer service to clients, e.g. by ensuring quick and accurate responses are given to enquiries, and to assist in the management of customer accounts
- to generate accurate quotations and order confirmations and liaise with the operations team and credit control to ensure orders are fulfilled within the agreed lead times
- to process orders for dispatch including organising shipments to end customers, preparing appropriate paperwork for shipping and customs, updating the ERP and stock management system
- to ensure client payments are received in a timely manner, requesting deposit and balance payments and following up on any late/outstanding payments
- to act as a link between the sales and operations teams and to support cross-departmental projects such as trade shows, major events or stock takes and to provide assistance to other members of these teams as needed
Desire to develop their career in a marketing and commercial role within the design industry; this role will offer excellent exposure to all aspects of marketing and sales, and provide a great foundation for career progression in either field.
The ideal candidate will:
- have a genuine interest in the design sector and be passionate about product and design
- thrive on working in a small team, and be prepared to roll up their sleeves to get the job done
- be able to present information clearly and concisely
- be numerically literate and able to collate, analyse and interpret basic statistical data
- have a confident personality, yet be respectful and enjoy working with others in a team
- be able to communicate clearly and effectively with staff and client contacts
- be dedicated and approachable and treat clients with politeness and discretion
Qualifications and experience:
- a university degree-level education
- good understanding and use of Excel and Microsoft Office
- working knowledge of the design industry and the world of design
- some industry work experience, preferably in the London design market
Please email your CV and cover letter using the ‘apply’ link below.
Due to the large number of applicants we cannot respond to all.