BHD Architects is seeking a part-time office assistant/secretary to join its team in Sevenoaks, Kent.
BHD is an award-winning architects practice located in Sevenoaks. We are currently recruiting for a part-time office assistant/secretary to provide reception support together with a wide range of office duties to our architectural team. Days of work required are Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday each week.
As part of the office support team duties will include:
- reception duties/acting as first point of contact for staff and visitors
- answering phones, dealing with queries professionally and proactively
- diary management and various ad-hoc research for the partners
- looking up planning applications on councils’ websites, searching for the planning history and downloading documents
- arranging external meetings and conference calls
- assisting with promotions for the company, mail merge lists, assisting with newsletter etc.
- coordination of website updates and company twitter account. Cropping, resizing, optimising and uploading images. Obtaining and collating all the relevant information for the website from the partners/architects
- liaising with the IT company to resolve issues from staff and ordering IT equipment as and when necessary
- arrange CPD training for all staff on a monthly basis
- prepare weekly car-park rota
- audio and copy typing – letters, reports etc.
- formatting images in preparation for design statements
- maintaining contact database on outlook and updating of office telephone lists
- maintaining the front of house to a high standard
- maintaining filing system and archiving
- organise refreshments for meetings/tea and coffee making for visitors
- assisting the practice manager with the monthly invoicing
- debt chasing
- general administration duties
The ideal candidate will have:
- excellent Word, Excel and Adobe skills
- fast and accurate audio and copy typing speeds
- excellent written and verbal communication skills
- previous experience of creative packages such as Photoshop and InDesign would be an advantage
Hours and salary details
Part-time role for three days a week – Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday. Hours are 8:30-5:30 with one-hour for lunch. As this is a role that overlaps with our PA/secretary we will also require extra cover for some weeks in the school holidays, these days and requirements are set due to workload and other staff hours so please only apply if you can are available on the days above.
Salary range: £22k-£24k per annum pro-rata, depending on experience.
Please send a covering letter/email and your CV addressed to the practice manager, Nicola Somers.
Application end date – Friday 6 March 2020.