Bienenstein Concepts has an opportunity for an interior designer/design architect to join its studio in Vienna, Austria.
We are currently looking for talented and highly motivated design architects and/or interior designers to join our small but growing team in Vienna.
Bienenstein Concepts is a design-oriented studio focusing on local and international high-end hospitality, retail and residential design projects.
We are looking for candidates with experience working on all aspects of high-end interior design projects. The ideal candidate must have a minimum of three years experience and the ability to see a project through from conception to completion, a high level of creativity and experience in detail design as we often produce detail and furniture drawings in-house.
You will be expected to support in the creation of concepts developed by the creative director and communicate the objectives of the design through drawings, sketches, renderings, images and samples to meet client program, BC standards, local code and project budget constraints.
You will also be expected to assist the creative director in the management of all project-related tasks, client meetings and contractor coordination.
The position will offer the possibility to take on responsibility and manage projects overseen by the creative director. Being flexible, efficient and good at multitasking as well as being able to work under pressure are key skill for this role. Candidates will generally work from our studio in Vienna, but may be asked to travel to job sites.
- work with creative director to complete and augment an overall design direction
- produce architectural documents consisting of plans, elevations, details and specifications
- prepare custom furniture designs and documentation
- select and specify finishes, furniture, fixtures, equipment and millwork
- build presentations and mood boards
- research, acquire and manage samples and materials
- coordination and collaboration with other professionals who may be retained to provide consulting services
Essential skills and experience:
- bachelor/master degree in architecture and/or interior design
- three or more years of practice experience in high-end hospitality, retail and/or residential interior design
- experience and proven ability in detailed design development
- strong design skills and knowledge of materials, construction methods and detailing
- structured working with attention to detail
- skilled at multitasking and working toward multiple deadlines
- ability to work independently and as part of a small team
- high proficiency in AutoCAD (LT)
- good knowledge of Adobe CS
- 3D skills beneficial
- fluent in written and spoken English
- fluent in written and spoken German
- French advantageous
- strong visual sense
- great organisational skills
- positive and proactive approach
- independent and persistent
- able to stay focused even when things go fast
- dedicated to your projects
- willingness to travel internationally
- professional attitude
We will provide a competitive salary based on skills and experience.
To apply please submit your references, CV and portfolio (max 6MB) and a concise cover letter outlining your qualifications and detailing your suitability by demonstrating how your skills and experience match the job description. Let us know your availability, and salary and employment status expectations using the ‘apply’ link below.
We are only able to respond to candidates we invite for an interview, but we will keep CVs on file and may get in touch at a later stage.
Candidates must be eligible to work in Austria.
This is a full-time position and is immediately available.
Thank you for your interest. We look forward to receiving your application.