BIG is seeking an executive assistant to join its team in London, UK.
BIG is a group of over 500 architects, engineers, urbanists, inventors, researchers and business minds from all over the world who are based in Copenhagen, New York, London and Barcelona.
Our built work ranges from the most diverse urban playground and Michelin-star dining to affordable housing that feels like everything but, and a school among the verdant fjords of the Faroe Islands. Our vision spans travelling at supersonic speed with Hyperloop One to living in floating cities and eventually on Mars!
While we are led by a group of expert partners, directors and associates, a flat hierarchy and collaborative spirit are essential to our BIG ecosystem. We share our collective knowledge and expansive network through study trips and educational workshops. BIG School offers in-house lessons while BIG Picture brings in industry experts to inspire and invigorate. We are infectiously ambitious and unified by the shared mission to craft the world we want to live in, to give form to our future one project at a time.
Our office is growing at a rapid pace and we are therefore on the lookout for a full-time executive assistant to help manage the multiple complex schedules and needs of our local leadership team, ensuring a smooth workflow.
You will be based in our London office together with 75 fantastic BIGsters, where you will work closely with the three local partners/directors and our managing director. You will be reporting to our office and community manager and will become part of a fast-paced, vibrant and highly creative office milieu, where plans change, new and exciting challenges emerge, last-minute travels happen and where no two days are ever the same. Occasional weekend attention and late afternoons/evenings can occur, so flexibility is important and thriving in a busy environment is key!
Maintaining a high-level overview and juggling many tasks simultaneously is a big part of the job, hence understanding the overarching needs of the local leadership team, being proactive, as well as having a high sense of urgency and service-minded attitude is important to fulfil the role.
Join us on this mission if you are an executive assistant who:
- is organised, structured and both big-picture-savvy and detail-oriented
- can manage multiple complex schedules and daily calendars
- is capable of multi-tasking assignments that often vary in scale and scope
- has self-confidence and persistence, and is confident while taking ownership of decision making
- is proactive and completes tasks with a sense of urgency
- has excellent interpersonal skills and written communication skills
- enjoys a busy and creative environment with many diverse personalities
- is comfortable with fast-paced decisions and rapidly changing environments
- feels that no administrative task is too little or too great
- is a good colleague and a team-player who wants to engage in BIG’s unique office culture
- can be flexible with regard to working hours and assignments
- can act with discretion and maintain confidentiality at all times
- is incredibly professional on the phone, in emails and in-person
- has a sympathetic and nurturing demeanour
- the management and organisation of the LON leadership teams’ schedules
- assisting visiting partners from our other offices while in LON
- supporting the office and community manager with ad-hoc tasks as needed
- document filing and organisation for business and personal matters related to LON leadership team
- monthly expense reconciliation for the LON leadership team
- weekly preparation and submission of timesheets for the LON leadership team
- office-wide travel assistance including flight and hotel bookings, and obtaining relevant travel visas
- monitoring and ensuring BIG’s travel functions efficiently and economically according to travel policy
- preparing and coordinating meetings for the LON leadership team
- developing working relationships with external and internal clients
- answering phone calls and emails on behalf of the LON leadership team
- assisting in the planning of various office events and in-house meetings
- assistance in preparing paperwork for various business qualifications, licenses, etc.
Qualifications and experience:
- some relevant previous experience is a plus
- strong proficiency in Microsoft Office, InDesign is a plus
- fluent in spoken/written English
- proactive, organised, structured and detail-oriented
- calm, focused and enjoys multi-tasking that often vary in scale and scope
- flexible, fun and enjoys a busy and creative environment
- strong team player, collaborative and resilient, with a good sense of humour
This job description reflects the core activities of the role although there will be changes in the emphasis of duties as required from time to time. There is a requirement for the post holder to recognise this and adopt a flexible approach to work.
Please upload your CV. We will contact you if your profile matches our requirements. Please confirm your availability to attend a video conference call at short notice.
You must have permission to live and work in the UK.
Applications must be submitted by 12 March 2021.
Relevant applicants will be interviewed on an ongoing basis.
Salary: £25,000-£27,000 per annum