Bigjigs Toys is searching for a toy designer to join its team in Kent, UK.
Bigjigs Toys is a fast paced wooden toy wholesaler supplying a fantastic range of traditional toys into independent toy and gift shops and direct to consumers. Started in 1985 by Peter and Liz Ireland the company has grown from a garden shed outfit into a multinational operation supplying goods to shops in over 40 countries around the world.
We are currently recruiting for a toy designer in our UK Folkestone office.
We pride ourselves in our quality wooden toys that are designed in house in our Folkestone office. We are looking for someone with creative flair and an interest in the toy industry to work as part of our creative team to design new toys and update existing products. The ideal candidate will have a background in product design, experience of working with wood and the ability to produce vector artwork for products.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- drawing and sketching new product ideas
- originating and amending technical drawings in Solidworks
- using Adobe Illustrator to create artwork for product illustration and decoration
- liaising with factories to produce samples
- dealing with inner packaging considerations
- quality checking samples and final products against design files
- working as part of a team to bring new products to market
- being involved in and leading creative discussion around new products
The successful candidate will need to satisfy the below requirements.
Degree or similar qualification in a product design related subject.
- two-three years’ experience in a product design position
- experience of producing technical files
- knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and Solidworks
- third angle projection
- vector illustration skills
- drawing, sketching and 3D modelling
- toy safety requirements
- understanding of stages of child development and toy suitability
- knowledge of designing fabric and plush toys
- knowledge of or an interest in woodwork
- reliable and dependable
- ability to work to deadlines
- able to multi-task
- good communication skills
- good organisational skills
- ability to take direction and use own initiative
- personable and a team player
- eye for detail
- commitment and enthusiasm for the Bigjigs brand
- good sense of humour
Bigjigs Toys offers a number of benefits to staff, including:
- cycle to work bike scheme
- childcare vouchers
- long service holiday reward
- staff discounts
- beer Fridays
- summer BBQ’s
We offer 20 days holiday per year plus an extra day for every two years of service given to the company (up to a maximum of five extra days). Eight statutory banks holidays are in addition to these 20 days.
Please submit applications using the ‘apply’ link below.