Binchy and Binchy is looking for a senior architect to join its team in Dubai, UAE.
Binchy and Binchy is a multi award-winning boutique architecture and interior design studio, based in Dubai, and is a Royal Institute of British Architect’s (RIBA) chartered practice. Known for our local work which seamlessly blends contemporary design with local aesthetics, we have a growing portfolio of exciting mixed-use commercial projects and private residential villas.
Binchy and Binchy is looking for a talented, conscientious and highly motivated senior architect with excellent design skills and technical experience to join our award-winning boutique design office in Dubai to lead design-led medium scale residential and commercial projects.
- must have a minimum qualification of a Bachelor’s degree in architecture (With UAE attestation)
- minimum six years post qualification experience, with minimum four years in UAE
- proficient in computer tasks with accuracy and strong attention to detail and content
- highly skilled in AutoCAD and experience with other design related programmes SketchUp and InDesign, Lumion and Rhino is desirable
- technical and practical knowledge of general architectural practice including programming, planning, civil, structural, mechanical and electrical engineering
- knowledge in the construction process and materials
- good knowledge of interior design and detailing
- good understanding of the UAE universal design codes and standards as well as authority regulations including Dubai Municipality, green building and civil defense. Knowledge in DDA, Trakhees and other development guidelines would be an advantage
- good communicator for internal and external client liaison with the ability to build and maintain lasting and positive relationships
- works to meet or exceed RIBA standards
- excellent design and space planning skills demonstrated by a well-presented CV and portfolio of work both architecture and interior design
- experience in private residential, hospitality and office design is an advantage
- knowledge of building engineering, and a high-level understanding landscape, master planning and infrastructure in order to coordinate the sub consultancy team
- strong experience of leading project teams effectively and efficiently
- strong technical design skills with experience at all design stages and site experience
- excellent verbal and written communication
- fluent English is essential
- high levels of team spirit with a collaborative and positive approach
This position is only available to applicants based in the United Arab Emirates. No agencies please.
The closing date for application is Friday 8 December 2023 and will only be able to respond for shortlisted candidates.
If interested in applying for this position, please send your CV with a cover letter and portfolio via the apply for job button below.