There is an opportunity for an industrial designer to join black+blum at its London practice.
Black+blum is a London-based creative studio who design, source and market their own homeware products. We sell our designs all over the world.
We are now looking for a product/industrial/engineer designer to help us bring new products through to production. The role would commence as soon as possible and be located in our Oxo Tower studio.
The role will involve working on original new designs and taking these innovative concepts from sketch, all the way through to production. It is an exciting job where you will get to see your ideas go from paper through to being sold in stores.
You will need to:
- be familiar with the workflow of designing for a brand
- be meticulous, methodical and detailed in all your reporting and work filing
- have at least four years working experience, either in-house design or consultancy
- show a portfolio of products that you have taken from concept through to production
- be able to apply your creative and technical knowledge to develop products that respond to a need, are highly functional and built to last
- be able to deliver all the phases that will make a product possible: pitch ideas to the board, design to cost constraints, understand value for money, deal with suppliers, solve manufacturing challenges
- have good experience of CAD software Solidworks required, to create 3D working models that are factory ready. You will prove your proficiency and show case studies of work
- know Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Illustrator and Photoshop to create design visuals and packaging artwork
- be able to work closely with the in-house graphic designer, the purchase manager and the sales director to achieve the best products Black+Blum can deliver
- to have input about how to package and market new products
- have a good eye for form and colours
- have good eye for photography styling
Please note: you must be eligible to work in the UK and not require additional visas/sponsorship.
Please send your covering letter, cv and portfolio (no more than 5MB) to email@example.com
Experienced Part-III architect
at Paul Vick Architects
Part-II architectural assistant/architect
at Gibson Thornley