Blond is seeking an industrial designer to become part of its firm in London.
Blond is a boutique-sized, award-winning, London-based, creative studio that believes in conscious design. We design physical products, spaces and experiences for a range of clients; large and small. We offer these partners the full package, to include; industrial design, graphics, branding, UX and UI, packaging and visualisation (CGI).
We are looking for an experienced industrial designer to join our fast-growing team. In terms of position, this application is open to all levels; junior, mid-weight and senior – please state your level clearly within your application.
As a relatively small team, you will be an integral part of the studio and be exposed to all aspects of a design project; from research through to client meetings.
Due to this, the following qualifications, skills and attributes are a prerequisite:
- at least four years’ industry experience
- strong administrative skills
- creativity and innovation focused
- exceptional CAD skills; Rhino (3D) and Adobe (2D)
- strong understanding of rendering programs
- able to present work beautifully, with clarity
- detail focused
- an excellent understanding of design for manufacture
- ability to work across multiple sectors
- excellent knowledge of design
- able to work in the UK
- fluent in English, both written and spoken
Skills not required, but considered a benefit:
- team management and client facing skills
- ability to speak a language other than English
- able to start immediately
- knowledge of Solidworks
- knowledge of 3ds Max and V-Ray
Please note, applications that do not follow these steps will not be reviewed:
- send a PDF copy of your CV and portfolio to: email@example.com
- no Issuu or web-based portfolios please
- PDF portfolio should be no larger than 10MB
- title the email: ‘Blond Industrial Designer Application 2019’
- no need to create a cover letter, introduce yourself via email
Application deadline: 15 June 2019
Please note: due to the high volume of applications, we will only be able to reply to successful candidates.