Bloomberg is seeking a workplace design lead to join its team on a 12-month contract in London.
As Bloomberg continues to evolve our innovative workspaces, our global design team has an open contract position for a hardworking senior project architect/senior interior designer/workplace design lead based in London, leading design for the EMEA region, reporting into the global head of design. The role offers a unique client-side opportunity and the privilege to work in, and on some of the most unique office fit-outs in the world. You will select and work closely with best-in-class architects practices, to deliver projects with capital project and facilities managers, as part of a truly global team.
Please note this is a full-time 12-month maternity cover position, with the possibility of extending beyond that initial term.
We’ll trust you to:
- take on design management with regional leadership responsibility
- maintain a high standard to look and feel of all Bloomberg environments, including where architecture meets MEP, AV, IT and other building systems
- support workplace management teams in developing design solutions for business requirements, including drawing production or management of drawing production, as required
- work as part of our internal global design team to continually develop and implement design standards and library and develop our workplace design strategy to ensure the Bloomberg workplace is continuously innovating
For capital projects:
- design management of complex external consultant teams consisting of architects, engineers and specialists, working closely with project management team
- ownership of design portion of capital delivery including templates and process
- ownership of all design consultant design output
- ownership of end product of capital delivery process
- develop and deliver architectural brief to architectural teams/consultants based on collection of business and stakeholder requirements
- manage the design consultant’s architectural design process from appointment to sign-off
- implement/utilise global protocols, templates in capital delivery process
For operational/facilities projects:
- provide design input and/or solutions as required for the maintenance and improvements of our office portfolio
- build and maintain materials and samples library
- travel as required, mainly within the EMEA region
You’ll need to have:
- minimum seven-ten years’ of relevant experience as a qualified architect/interior architect or interior designer
- strong professional portfolio of workplace projects and relevant sectors demonstrating experience in both leadership and individual input
- knowledge of compliance requirements in the United Kingdom
- organised, and pro-active collaborator
- articulate communicator, proven and well-developed presentation and interpersonal skills
- creative problem-solving abilities
- design approach that offers a balance of creative and technical aspects
- a process-oriented approach to carrying out tasks
- a flexible, strategic and able to work effectively under pressure and with sense of urgency
- experience in architectural design including MEP and complex technical building systems, with a focus on interiors
- an understanding of current workplace design and strategy trends, and history of architectural design, furniture, materials
- high standards of personal and professional integrity
- software: AutoCAD, SketchUp, Adobe and Office packages as a minimum
Please note we use years of experience as a guide but we certainly will consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary for the role.
If this sounds like you
Apply if you think we’re a good match. Please attach a copy of your CV and a work samples portfolio. We’ll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email us.
Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org.