Bolton Chalklin Architects is looking for an experienced Part 2 architectural assistant, Part 3 architect or architectural technician to join its office in Kent, UK.
Bolton Chalklin Architects is a London and Kent based studio specialising in contemporary architecture, interiors and period properties.
We are looking for a motivated, proactive and organised individual who is highly proficient on 2D AutoCAD and will be able to take a job from conception to completion to join our Kent office – based in Otford – on an initial three-month contract basis.
The successful candidate will be involved in a high quality residential and commercial projects including working with listed buildings and interior design, previous experience working in high-end residential projects would be beneficial. We need a driven, articulate and well-presented individual who is resourceful, creative, independent and eager to work with us in various roles to help further grow.
Key skills and requirements:
- confident individual with excellent communication skills – the role will be client facing in addition to working with consultants, contractors and suppliers
- ideally have at least two years’ experience of working in the UK for architectural/interior practices
- able to multitask and manage own workload and different project threads
- strong eye for design and presentation and passion to work with different project styles from period buildings to contemporary fit outs
- technically proficient in UK building regulations, strong knowledge of construction methods particularly those relevant to residential refurbishment and listed buildings
- have experience working in drawing joinery packages for high-end projects – is technically proficient
- AutoCAD 2D and Microsoft Office – essential
- SketchUp and Adobe suite – essential
- excellent written and spoken English paramount
Applications from outside London/South East England will unfortunately not be considered.
Please submit applications using the ‘apply’ link below.