Bompas & Parr has an opportunity for an events architect to join its firm in London.
Bompas and Parr is looking for a highly motivated and experienced events architect to join its events team. You will be the technical and creative driving force behind bringing our spectacular experiences to life. You will have over six years’ experience and a stunning portfolio.
Bompas & Parr is one of the most exciting creative agencies in the UK – if not the world. We’re globally recognised as the leading expert in multi-sensory experience design, having turned part of Borough Market into a walk-through cloud of gin and tonic and creating the world’s first vegan hotel suite.
- manage the design and production offering of Bompas & Parr events, installations and builds to successfully deliver original creative
- supporting and developing the company’s capability to deliver spectacular experiences
- lead on all stages of the production process from initial feasibility, planning, development to on-site install, maintenance and de-rig
- uphold the integrity of the creative and see it realised in alignment with the client’s needs and expectations.
- contribute and assist on new business plans, opportunities, proposals and pitches
- play a key, hands-on, collaborative role, managing creative production across the studio and see it brought to life in engaging, safe and innovative ways that continually entertains
- work with the wider studio team to develop ideas, creative propositions and offer measurable strategic solutions to client briefs.
- contribute to the creative process encompassing event and product ideas.
- lead on the creative process for aesthetics and environment.
- present ideas to clients in pitch and during the life of a project as well as in internal meetings
- advise on creative solutions for ad-hoc project challenges
- continually look for and suggest external talent that we can collaborate with and build a trusted network of preferred suppliers and collaborators
- through research and natural curiosity, keep the studio informed and ahead of the latest industry trends by taking every opportunity to expand knowledge
- produce hand-drawn sketches to range from product prototypes to interior perspectives
- propose suitable material and surface details
- create and review technical 2D and 3D drawings using CAD
- produce samples and mock-ups where required
- ensure the events team are kept up-to-date with all creative and technical project developments
- be responsible for the production and build of projects, from brief to ideation, on-site build and de-rig
- interrogate the brief with the project manager, and work collaboratively to develop the creative, scope, clarify and develop the technical design managing the necessary resources and budget to the point of contracting, production and installation
- be responsible for all H&S affecting the design, installation and operations.
- manage all technical production requirements
- prepare and manage production timelines
- source suitable external suppliers such as fabricators and technicians
- manage relationships with third-party contractors and suppliers to ensure creative and design is manifested as envisioned
- be responsible for build, installation and maintenance
- manage contractor risk, including vetting of suppliers and site inspections
- produce design risk assessments at early stages of projects and update throughout design and build process
- produce RAMS for installation work being carried out by Bompas & Parr studio
- produce and update project construction phase plans
- work within set budgetary restrictions and identify where production savings can be made
- input and source production costs for client quotes
- provide project financial reports for client and internal use
- negotiate and contract third party suppliers
- reconcile commercial and personal expenses once a month
- identify and solve problems that affect project profit and liaise with team members to resolve issues promptly
- ARB registration
- at least six years’ experience in event production and client services, delivering solutions in an agency environment, operating at a senior level
- proficiency in CAD (preferably Rhino)
- outstanding presentation skills and ability to articulate creative ideas with flair
- writing experience; creative rationale for proposals and explanation of consumer journeys and experience
- master proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Apps, Keynote and Adobe Creative Suite
- experience of managing installs for events.
- High level of self-motivation, discretion, diligence and attention to detail
- ability to prioritise and schedule in a fast-paced studio environment
- ability to guide and steer away from project bottlenecks and guide internal teams across multiple work streams and cross-discipline projects
- flexibility and the ability to adapt to changing circumstances
- possess a genuine passion for events and experience design
- ensure that all work from creative concepts to design and technical delivers against agreed objectives and surpasses clients’ expectations, whilst upholding company values
- be flexible and adaptable, building strong and durable relationships with colleagues, suppliers and clients alike
- actively contribute to the ongoing creative life of the studio
- be a beacon for creative collaboration and excellence
- best-in-class interpersonal skills
- strong teamwork ethic and willingness to deliver projects and overcome hurdles
- possess a clear passion and energy for Bompas & Parr
- undertake any other duties as may be reasonably required
- be able to speak knowledgeably about all aspects of the work of Bompas & Parr and to support the organisation’s principal aims and objectives
- communicate regularly and effectively with the directors and to seek support from appropriate staff at the earliest opportunity should problems arise
- show ownership of achieving personal objectives yourself through positive action
Please note, due to the nature of the role you will be expected to work occasional evenings and weekends. There may also be the requirement to travel internationally.
The events architect will be part of the events team led by the event director.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit using the ‘apply’ link below.
Please include the following in your application:
- a copy of your current CV
- a cover letter detailing why you feel you are a suitable candidate for this post and what attracts you to Bompas & Parr. Please note, applications not submitted with a covering letter will not be accepted
- portfolio of production achievements and highlights
Please submit applications using the ‘apply’ link below.