Bompas & Parr is hiring a development chef to join its team in London.
Bompas & Parr is a creative studio, made up of architects, chefs, designers, marketeers, strategist and technologist. Through respected consultancy, delivering Location Based Experiences (LBEs) and writing publications, the studio challenges the world around us with radical creativity and a thirst for provoking innovation. The studio works with cultural institutions, attractions, governments and placemaking develops to deliver this work.
Bompas & Parr are looking for a development chef to join the team for a part time role on a fixed term three-month contract to cater, develop, create and innovate food and drink offerings. The successful applicant will support in catering, monitoring and producing the products needed for live projects, both internal and client. This position has the potential to lead to a permanent position within the company. We’re a fast-paced, creative company who love what we do and do what we love – and we’re keen to work with someone who shares our outlook.
Bompas & Parr is an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment, where all applicants will receive equal consideration regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disabilities.
Producing products needed for ongoing projects to the exact specifications of the recipes. Monitoring the stock and placing orders as needed. Assisting with cooking and catering at tastings, product development and live events. Working within the F&B Innovation and NPD teams, as well as with other disciplines across the studio, to develop world class food and beverage products for a breadth of clients from all sectors. Some worldwide travel to oversee, implement and execute projects.
Objectives for this role:
- assisting with the cooking, catering and production for B&P’s and client’s products and events
- help develop innovative, world class food and drinks
- support with menu and recipe development in line with client briefs and brand needs
- contribute towards writing toolkits for external teams
- work with the wider team on large scale projects that involve F&B
- produce and monitor stock for live projects
- plan and order ingredients for production on live projects
- help maintain an exceptional standard of hygiene and up to date HACCP records
- contribute ideas as part of the F&B Innovation team
- assisting with the cooking and catering for tastings, live events or product development
- support the production and development of Bompas & Parr F&B products
- support with client and project management, data collection and recipe writing
Skills and qualifications:
- be a self-starter who can work with personal drive and autonomy
- at least three years’ experience at senior CDP level or as a development chef
- the ability to communicate with colleagues and clients with clarity and confidence
- hold a current food and hygiene level 2 certificate.
- computer literate and experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- creative processes
- food manufacturing and process
- project management
- food science and technology
- cocktails and beverages
This position is only available to applicants based in the United Kingdom