Bond Bryan Architects is hiring a project architect to join its team in Kent, UK.
Bond Bryan is a multi-disciplinary practice comprising architects, landscape architects, master planners and interior designers. With a diverse range of award-winning projects in both the public and private sector, we focus upon the creation of lasting sustainable environments that, first and foremost, will enrich the lives and experience of people and their communities.
We offer our services – both nationally and internationally – from our four studios in Kent, London, Birmingham and Sheffield.
Due to an exciting and expanding workload, our Westerham Studio in Kent is looking for a project architect to join their already-established, creative and growing team.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic and ambitious project architect, with a proven track record of working on multiple projects across a variety of sectors, to join a thriving practice with an exciting – and constantly expanding – portfolio of work.
To work directly with the project director on the design and development of projects – from concept stage right through to the completion of a project.
The role will be as an architect, both leading an in-house team of architectural staff and also an external design team comprising sub-consultants for large educational and commercial schemes.
Developing the architectural design
What you can expect:
- lead the briefing process. Record the brief in report form, minutes and by compiling room data sheets
- take responsibility for the production of accommodation strategies, feasibility studies and utilisation and area forecasts
- review and comment on project programmes
- develop deliverables schedules for the architectural teams and all associated consultants
- obtain quotations for sub-consultants and surveys and appoint as necessary
- prepare concept design sketches and develop the design by utilising ArchiCAD and SketchUp
- brief and manage an architectural team to realise design proposals in a drawn format
- brief and manage a visualiser, culminating in a 3D animation of the project
- contribute to the development of the ArchiCAD BIM model
- produce stage reports and any other necessary reports required for projects
- take responsibility for the compilation of the Planning Application package
- chair, record and minute design team meetings and coordination meetings
- attend client project meetings to present architectural designs and reports
- ensure that the architectural team produces all information necessary to submit applications to all relevant statutory authorities
- lead and co-ordinate the design team
- in conjunction with the client, develop and produce room data sheets
- ensure that the design is kept within the client’s set budget
Preparing detail design and production information:
- advise the project technician regarding the programming of deliverables
- contribute to the detailed design process and co-ordinate detailed design information
- work in conjunction with the contractor for design and build projects
- attend design team meetings (DTMs), coordination meetings and workshops and present detailed design proposals. Record minutes and prepare any associated documentation
- review the acoustic and fire reports and incorporate the strategies into the detailed design package
- prepare specifications for construction work
- prepare drawings, plans and documents for statutory approvals eg building regulations
- contribute to design-stage risk assessments
- make site visits and record findings of site inspections
- attend DTMs and site meetings, record minutes and prepare associated documentation
- as required by the contractor, prepare and present construction drawings/details using ArchiCAD
- respond to the contractors’ requests for Information
- assist with the production of construction record drawings
- adhere to Bond Bryan’s internal policies eg, quality assurance
- undertake structured continued professional development (CPD)
- uphold the reputation of the Practice at all times to existing customers such that they place repeat business or recommend us to others
- assist with the compilation of bids and tenders.
- attend interviews as necessary
Life at Bond Bryan
Alongside the opportunity to both work and lead on a variety of exciting projects, the successful candidate will join an enthusiastic, friendly and dynamic architectural practice which puts great emphasis on a healthy work-life balance and encourages a collaborative company culture.
A competitive salary (based on experience), alongside a variety of company benefits including: flexible working hours, free fresh fruit, subsidised regular social activities, a health benefits package, pension contributions and health insurance. As part of the firm’s commitment to professional development, Bond Bryan offers support time to undertake professional qualifications and studies.
We are extremely proud of our reputation which has been built on both professional expertise and innovative solutions; we are looking for someone to join us who will share our aspirations to provide an ever-improving product within both our industry and society at large.
We strive to ensure that opportunities to work and develop at Bond Bryan are open to all. We treat all job applications equally – regardless of age, disability, gender identity or gender expression, race, ethnicity, religion or belief or sexual orientation.
Interested? Here’s how to apply
To apply, please submit your CV, salary expectations and a covering letter explaining why you are the right candidate for the role and what gets you out of bed in the morning via the apply for job button below.