Bouncepad is looking for a junior product designer to join its team in London.
Bouncepad has been the global market leader in tablet enclosures since 2011, renowned for high-quality products and excellent customer service. We are everywhere. You will find Bouncepad products all around the world, in the most iconic places, in your favourite shop, museum, ice-cream van and cafe. We are now expanding our range beyond enclosures to establish Bouncepad as the go to company for premium tablet accessories for business.
We are looking for a creative problem-solver to help us design exciting and commercially successful products. In this role you will be participating on a variety of product design projects from concept to completion, including research, ideation, industrial design and design for manufacture. You will be working in our product design team who have a diverse skillset from UX to engineering, allowing you to learn from their many years of experience across all areas of design. We promote cross departmental collaboration, offering you the opportunity to work with and learn from the Bouncepad team in marketing and operations. If you’re passionate about design and eager to learn more, we’d like to meet you.
- identifying and sharing insights about our target markets
- defining user problems
- producing a broad range of problem-solving concepts
- presenting concepts to your team and management
- design development, including sketching, model making and prototyping
- developing and communicating design intent
- using CAD and rendering software to visualise concepts
- liaising with members of all functions to incorporate customer feedback
- developing scenarios and interrogating use cases
- human-centred design
- taking a creative idea and put it into practice
- bringing ideas to life with clear and engaging articulation
- communicating and collaborating effectively to achieve shared objectives
- introducing new ways of looking at problems
- experimenting to find new solutions
- taking-on the unfamiliar and being self-motivated
- minimum qualification of BA/BSc or similar, in industrial/product design
- one to two years’ professional experience in the field of industrial/product design
- experience using SolidWorks and KeyShot
- experience using Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- ability to complete primary and secondary research
- concept creation and presentation
- sketching and model making skills
- visual and mechanical prototyping skills
- working knowledge of materials and manufacturing techniques
What you get:
- competitive salary
- 25 days paid holiday in addition to public holidays
- Vitality health insurance
- pension plan with 3% contributions in addition to your salary
- professional chef cooking lunch twice a week
- free snacks and drinks in the office, including breakfast
- free gym membership
- annual performance-based salary review
How to apply
Submit your cover letter, CV and portfolio of work using the ‘apply’ link below.
Any attachments should be in PDF format not exceeding 5MB.