Bow Tie Construction is seeking a Part 2 architectural assistant to join its team in Buckinghamshire, UK.
Two times RIBA award-winning eco-construction company Bow Tie Construction seeks a talented Part 2 architectural assistant with exceptional design and 3D-modeling skills. Coordination in Autodesk Revit and Inventor are essential to our construction workflows and we are now integrating VR. The successful candidate will join our growing design team and report to the managing director. Their main responsibilities will be structural and finishing elements of domestic construction projects in 3D to optimise design, working from a friendly and sociable office with excellent air quality in High Wycombe, Bucks.
With projects on Grand Designs, Old House New Home and Don’t Move, Improve !, the successful architectural assistant will be working for London’s premium Passivhaus construction company that punches well above its weight. Rather than being one of many a huge workforce undertaking routine tasks, the candidate would have ownership of 3D deliverables and the satisfaction of nurturing a small number of projects from inception to completion, thus developing their skills in 3D construction design.
All of our projects are low energy or zero carbon, making this is a great position for someone with sustainability ethics who wants to live what they believe and know they are making a tangible difference to reducing global warming on a daily basis. We are working directly with four local authorities who want to apply our learnings and retrofit experience to transition their housing stock to zero carbon.
Required skills and experience:
- one to two years’ design work experience on projects valued between £600k-£10m
- passionate about low and zero operational carbon construction
- advanced level Autodesk Revit 3D – If you are invited for an interview you will be set tasks in Revit to complete on the day
- the ability to manage multiple projects and own time to meet deadlines
- good understanding of construction sequencing
- logical thinking, good mathematical and excel skills
- experience of Stage 4 technical design in Revit
- excellent spoken English and communication skills
Additional beneficial skills:
- a good working knowledge of UK building regulations and RIBA stages of work
- experience in Passive House and sustainable building design
- knowledge and experience of BIM workflows
- experience designing for local authorities
We are an equal opportunities workplace and we welcome applications from all ages, gender descriptions and ethnicities. We appreciate the diverse opinions that diversity brings.
Please submit a PDF of your CV, portfolio and professional work samples with a covering letter (total ideally less than 10MB and no links to file-sharing applications or websites) via the ‘apply’ link below. Your covering letter should give a background to your passion for sustainability. We are unable to accept hard copy applications.
We are unable to reply individually so you will only hear from us if your application is being considered.
Strictly no agencies.
This position is only available to applicants based in the United Kingdom.