BPTW is hiring an architectural technologist to join its team in London.
BPTW is an established design-led practice with a successful track record of delivering large-scale schemes and a market leader in sustainable design, working in the residential, urban design and mixed-use sectors.
We have a commitment to design quality and a passion for creating beautiful places for people. Our 120-plus-strong team works in an interactive and creative studio environment which enables BPTW to deliver holistic solutions to planning and design challenges. Our culture of openness encourages creativity and a flow of ideas, enabling our team to create aspirational buildings and deliver award-winning schemes.
We are an AJ100-listed practice and have been recognised as one of the top 50 employers in the UK by Building Magazine’s ‘Good Employer Guide’ over multiple years. Working alongside leading developers, housing associations, local authorities and private clients our philosophy is centred on creating homes and places that transform people’s lives.
Our studio is based in the vibrant and historical centre of Greenwich, a World Heritage Site with the fantastic Cutty Sark, Royal Naval College and Greenwich Park close by. Along with the renowned Greenwich Market, there are a range of shops, restaurants, gyms, nurseries and many other useful amenities nearby, making Greenwich a fantastic location to work. Our office is close to major transport routes and a ten-minute commute to central London.
We are looking for a self-motivated architectural technologist to join one of our dedicated architectural design teams. The ideal candidate will have experience working within a UK architectural environment, an understanding of UK building and CDM regulations and a good working knowledge of all RIBA stages, especially 3 to 6. They will need to have excellent communication skills as they will be liaising directly with clients and consultants. They will also need to be comfortable working in an open plan multi-team studio.
We also welcome applicants who are in their final semester of study looking to begin their career as technologists progressing through the various CIAT membership levels.
We are a sociable practice and take the development and well-being of our staff seriously. We offer scope for career development and excellent benefits including a health scheme, cycle to work scheme, annual bonuses and salary reviews, medical cover, pension contribution, free financial advice service and regular social events.
We are an equal opportunities employer with an active equality, diversity and inclusion agenda and welcome applications from people of all backgrounds.
- drawing and sketching architectural and interior design solutions by hand
- modelling schemes in BIM (Revit)
- producing complex and detailed architectural drawings and schedules from the Revit model
- document control of incoming third-party material and design information for external issue
- independently developing 2D technical construction details
- independently researching appropriate products and materials etc
- drafting NBS specifications, researching products and construction methods
- participating in and contributing to team meetings and design workshops
- participating in and contributing to internal CPD presentations
- experience in preparation of technical delivery drawings
- technical knowledge of current UK building regulations
- awareness of RIBA work stages, predominately three to six
- ability to work independently and as part of a larger team
- self-motivated, enthusiastic, with outstanding communication skills and a keen eye for detail
- working knowledge of Revit
How to apply
Please submit a copy of your CV, some examples of work and a cover letter via the apply for job button below.
Your cover letter should explain why you want to work with us and how you meet the essential criteria. You can also include details on any other experience or knowledge you feel is relevant to the role.
Please note we are unable to support applications that require current or future employment visa sponsorship. Please clearly state your right to work in the UK on your application.