Business development and marketing coordinator
BPTW is looking for a business development and marketing coordinator to join its team in London.
BPTW is an award-winning architectural practice specialising in residential-led and mixed-use development. We are a lively and sociable practice of 130 people with our main studio in West Greenwich, London. Working alongside leading developers, housing associations, local authorities and private clients, our philosophy is centred on creating homes and places that transform people’s lives.
With specialisms in architecture, planning, urban design and BIM services, we are an award winning AJ100-listed, CIAT, RTPI and RIBA Chartered practice and have been recognised as one of the top architectural employers in the UK by BD and Building Magazine over multiple years. We were recently named ‘Architectural Employer of the Year’ at Building Design’s Architect of the Year Awards 2021, and ‘Business of the Year’ by our local council RB Greenwich. Our values guide the way we work and interact with our clients, partners, local communities, and with each other: collaborative, passionate, nurturing, creative, respectful and sociable. Promoted across the practice, these are an intrinsic part of our culture.
We are an equal opportunities employer, passionate about equality, diversity and inclusion and welcome applications from people of all backgrounds.
We are looking for a highly motivated business development and marketing coordinator to support our bids, business development and marketing activities within the practice, coordinating our bid submissions and implementing marketing, business development and PR initiatives. The role will be split roughly 50:50 between bids and business development activities and marketing.
The role will involve working closely with our senior management team and building strong relationships internally and externally, coordinating high-quality bid proposal and tender submissions, assisting in the delivery of our marketing plan, managing events, managing our PR, e-communications, social media, internal and external communications and general marketing functions.
You must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, should be self-motivated, highly organised and be able to work well under pressure and meet deadlines. We are looking for someone with the ability to think creatively and who can demonstrate an understanding of the needs and wants of our clients, helping to deliver a competitive advantage for BPTW in our bid and marketing work.
Applicants must be educated to degree level. Experience working within the built environment will be a distinct advantage, as will experience of working on bid and tender processes.
We will also welcome applications from those with experience in the architecture and construction industry looking to change career path.
- highly organised with exceptional attention to detail
- excellent written and verbal communication skills
- creative aptitude
- a motivated self-starter and problem solver
- works well within a team environment
- works to strict deadlines and can coordinate a multitude of tasks effectively
- comfortable building relationships at partner level and with senior members of staff
Essential /desired skills:
- experience coordinating bid and tender submissions
- experience delivering marketing campaigns
- experience in the built-environment industry
- educated to degree level in English, marketing, communications, business, or similar field
- experience with e-communications and social media
- experience coordinating client relations and business development programmes
- experience of event coordination
- ability to critically assess and appraise the work of others
- a visual eye with the ability to interrogate and appreciate architectural images and would be beneficial
Primary duties will include, but not be limited to:
- working closely with our marketing and bid team including other co-ordinators and our bid writer
- manage and coordinate our bid and tender processes and submissions
- reviewing bid opportunities
- lead on the implementation of a wide range of marketing and business development activities within the practice including PR, awards, photography briefs, presentations and other marketing collateral
- deliver specific external marketing campaigns
- liaise with our external membership networks
- producing project marketing communications material
- event management
- administrative tasks relating to our business development and marketing functions
- coordinate BPTW’s content calendar and draft and upload content for web, e-marketing and social media communication
- work with the BD and Marketing team and partners on new business development opportunities and assist with the development of these
In return we offer an opportunity to work in an exciting and stimulating environment alongside creative individuals in our recently built new offices overlooking Deptford Creek and offering a competitive salary and benefits package with flexible working hours and arrangements.
Full-time, permanent contract.
Due to the nature of the role, this is an office-based role however we offer a flexible working policy with three days minimum in the office, however during your probationary period we would expect the role to be full time in the office.
Salary: £29K -£33k depending on experience, plus a range of excellent benefits, including, but not limited to:
- Simply Health scheme
- insurance cover (life assurance, critical illness, income protection)
- cycle to work scheme
- pension contribution of 3%
- contributions towards recognised courses and an allowance for study time
How to apply
Please email a copy of your CV and a covering letter explaining why you have applied for the role, and detailing your relevant experience relating to the personal attributes and essential skills. Please submit your application via the apply for job button below with the title of ‘Business development and narketing coordinator’.
The role will be based at our London studio based in the vibrant and historical centre of Greenwich, a World Heritage Site with the fantastic Cutty Sark, Royal Naval College and Greenwich Park close by. Along with the renowned Greenwich Market there are a range of shops, restaurants, gyms, nurseries and many other useful amenities and places of cultural interest on our doorstep, making Greenwich a fantastic location to work. Our office is close to major transport routes and a ten-minute commute to Central London.