Brace Studio is seeking a junior designer to join its team in London.
Brace Studio is an award-winning London-based interior design studio working globally in the sectors of supermarket, retail, hospitality and dental surgery design.
We are looking for an interior design graduate to join our talented team of seven in central London. The successful candidate will initially start as an intern and have the opportunity of progressing to a junior designer position and beyond. The role will provide full training where required and will be initially split between,
- interior design 70 per cent
- property management 20 per cent – we have an existing property team in place so this is a support role
- office admin assistance 10 per cent – we have an existing admin team in place so this is a support role
The candidate must be computer literate and well versed in CAD and 3D modelling, preferably with Vectorworks. A full understand of Adobe photoshop, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and 365 navigations is essential. The ability to learn and assimilate new software and processes quickly is essential.
Training will be provided; however, it is critical that the candidate is able to take the initiative, is self-motivated, has good interpersonal skills and is able to learn quickly. An interest in property, property investment and property management will be a key part of the position.
We hope to provide you with your first step into your design career, as we have for many highly successful designers over the years.
- work closely with our creative director and providing support where necessary
- good working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop
- CAD and 3D skills, willing to learn Vectorworks to assist the design team in planning translation and 3D modelling – full training provided
- assist design team in measuring fixtures on layouts and putting together a linear meter spreadsheet – full training provided
- helping with the organisation of the studio library and archives
- help source FF&E items for new projects
- assist with the 2D and 3D library and keeping it up to date
Property management responsibilities:
- providing design input on refurbishments, manage refurbishment contractors onsite, undertake material specification and order non build materials
- conduct viewings for AST and HMO rooms – full training provided
- inspect property for exiting tenants and guests and report damage and issues
- record and input tenants and maintenance information into property management software – full training provided
- order and deliver replacement or required items for serviced accommodation guests
- undertake inspections of reported issues
- schedule maintenance, order parts and provide access to the maintenance team
- inspect and sign off completed works
- develop and refine written protocols for property management
Office admin responsibilities:
- assisting the office by taking responsibility for all general office administration matters, for example, office maintenance, office equipment and stationary orders and office events
- ordering, receiving and returning post and packages
- assisting the creative director and team in printing and scanning documents
- answer phone calls and take messages professionally
- general knowledge in computing and IT support
Please apply via the apply for job button below.