Bradley Van Der Straeten Architects has an opportunity for a marketing lead to join its London office.
Bradley Van Der Straeten Architects are looking for a marketing lead to join our team to lead marketing, sales and communications for our design studio in east London, either on a full-time or part-time basis.
The ideal applicant will be an enthusiastic and creative marketing professional, with significant experience in leading sales processes and/or marketing and communications strategy and activities. Highly organised with strong communication and networking skills.
Key duties and deliverables:
- act as custodian of the BVDS brand, having final sign off on all external-facing messaging and communications
- chair and minute weekly new project review meetings and monthly marketing and communications team meeting
- report to the CEO on progress against agreed KPIs on a quarterly basis
- lead the studio’s approach to digital communications with a view to increasing engagement and reaching new audiences
- drive sales through targeted engagement and marketing activity
- advise directors on networking opportunities and actively develop speaking and event attendance opportunities to raise the company profile
- be the first port of call for all new inquiries including managing the company’s main phone and email inquiry lines
- hold the central fee proposal and architect/client agreement templates
- oversee the development and population of a central contact list for BVDS to include detailed tags to allow for the segmentation of contacts for targeted marketing activities
- manage the transition process from initial inquiry to secured project
- manage the production of completed project case studies including project descriptions, photography, client consent, materials database, and budget
- brief directors for event speeches and pitches for new work
- identify award and competition opportunities for the organisation and entries are made
- organise the client’s summer party
- identify and maximize media opportunities and build relationships with trade, national and regional journalists
- manage the organisation’s press plan and the production of monthly project press releases
- handle all press inquiries
- contact and create relationships with the press – pitching stories and ideas to media contacts
- monitor sector press stories to identify opportunities
- a genuine interest in architecture and design and how it can impact on wellbeing
- proactive and positive approach
- three years of successful experience in a marketing and/or sales role
- excellent written and verbal communication skills
- strong interpersonal and networking skills
- excellent organisational skills including time, project and budget management
- ability to manage multiple priorities and work to deadlines
- an ability to work in partnership across a small team and collaborate with others, establishing positive and successful working relationships
- confident in the use of Microsoft and Adobe packages including Excel
Bradley Van Der Straeten is an award-winning chartered architecture and interior design practice, founded by friends George and Ewald. We believe that well-designed spaces have the power to change lives for the better and we deliver a range of bespoke architecture and interior design services from residential to larger-scale community and arts buildings.
We pride ourselves on operating a flexible and open studio, encouraging flexible working and the importance of work-life balance. We are therefore most concerned, in recruiting for this role, with finding the right person for our team, rather than looking for a prescribed set of skills. We believe that, for the right person, this role could be moulded and evolve to fit a person with any number of skills and experiences.
For this reason, we would be willing to consider people on both a full or part-time basis, to take on, potentially as a job share, either the whole role or just certain parts of this role.
How to apply
Please do feel free to contact us if you would like to have an informal discussion about the role and its potential incarnations. We are open to a range of possibilities and people from a variety of professional backgrounds.
Please submit applications using the ‘apply’ link below.