Furniture-maker Brandler London is seeking a CAD and studio technician to join its studio in Surrey, UK
We are looking for an exciting and committed CAD and management assistant to join its team on the edge of London and Surrey.
Our main focus is bespoke cabinet making and we are reclaimed-wood specialists based in Hersham, working at a local and national level.
We offer a full-service workshop creating bespoke kitchens, wardrobes, furniture and interior architectural elements as well as barn wood products such as tables, beds, seating and more.
Based in Surrey within the M25 and only 10 minutes walk from Hersham train station, we are a young and vibrant business, which has a core ethos of making a sustainability change within the sometimes traditional and slow-moving field of bespoke manufacture and cabinet making. We are looking for the right candidate to join us in the growth and development of our business and such there is plenty of opportunities to grow and develop with the company.
Within this role you will be working alongside both the design and workshop teams, creating a link between all areas and as such having involvement with all areas of the business. You will be guided and helped into the role, which will develop alongside others as the company continues to grow. This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to become part of a forward-looking, enthusiastic and driven team.
- CAD drawing and visuals for client sign-off
- technical workshop drawings
- client quotes and sales – responding to enquiries, chasing leads
- some sales and after-sales – the potential for commission
- ordering materials, chasing suppliers, organising schedules
- client meetings
- site inspections
Qualities we’re looking for:
- organised, friendly, team player
- project management skills
- spreadsheet proficient
- attention to detail
- proactive and resourceful
- hard-working – unwilling to take no for an answer
- creative – good knowledge of design trends
- industry work experience preferred (project management, property, furniture, art, interior design or architecture) but not essential for the right candidate
- driving license preferred
- SEO and website management
- social media content
- blogging on Brandler London website
- new business generation – interior designer, architect, builders
- MS Office package
- Adobe Photoshop, InDesign (desirable)
- AutoCAD, SketchUp, Vectorworks, Rhino etc.
- experience with WordPress, social media scheduling
- five days a week
- first-month probationary period
- contract terms after the first month to be determined
Salary dependent on experience but commission opportunities available.