Bruntwood is seeking an architectural technologist to join its firm in Manchester, UK.
We are looking for an architectural technologist to work within our growing and evolving design team. As a team we are passionate about creating enviable and creative workspaces for our customers as well as improving our own buildings. We are seen as playing a key part in the customer journey and you have a great opportunity to make a difference to the way we do things. Reporting into the creative and operational leads, you will be involved in all technical aspects of multiple design projects from the outset and providing on-site support during construction.
We are looking for an architectural technologist who is deeply passionate about design, has exemplary AutoCAD drawing skills, sees the value in details, takes a customer-focused approach and has experience in a similar role, working at this level.
As an architectural technologist, you will:
- work alongside our interior designers, building and quantity surveyors to provide detailed technical drawings for tender and construction
- create and maintain ‘as built’ drawings
- carry out measured site surveys and produce accurate drawings as required
- alongside the team, you will manage projects throughout the design phase and on-site to provide your technical expertise and your proactive approach to solving problems
- work with contractors and site teams to help ensure projects are delivered within agreed timescales and budget
- take a customer-focused approach to everything you do and be a champion for our brand
Who are we looking for?
- you are qualified in either HNC/HND building studies or BSc (Hons) architectural technology, ideally with CIAT membership
- you are enthusiastic, creative and have proven experience in a similar role, ideally gained from an architectural or interior design practice
- you have a strong technical background with working knowledge of UK planning, building regulations and CDM
- you will have have a strong understanding of space planning in accordance with building regs and BCO guidelines
- you possess exemplary AutoCAD drawing skills
- you are a confident communicator who likes to work collaboratively and is comfortable building relationships with a range of stakeholders and finding solutions to problems
- you are highly organised with a keen eye for detail, and have the ability to multitask a variety of projects
- you have the ability to adapt to changing priorities and take a proactive approach to solving problems
At Bruntwood we work hard to create an exceptional experience for our colleagues. As well as a competitive salary, we offer all the benefits you’d expect from a successful, established business (like an 8% matched pension scheme, private healthcare and an employee shares scheme) as well as some quirky benefits you’d get at in a progressive, people-focused company (like free healthy breakfasts, birthday leave and access to fitness classes). Working in an agile way, we give you the chance to work in our state-of-the-art workspaces. Above all, you’ll be joining a team full of passionate people who are brilliant to work with.
We offer you more than the opportunity to work. We offer you the chance to shape your world. Apply today.
Bruntwood is an equal opportunity employer.
No agencies please.
Please submit applications using the ‘apply’ link below.