Bryan O’Sullivan Studio is looking for a mid-level interior designer to join its team in New York. Applicants must have at least five years of professional experience in FF&E and interior design, particularly on residential projects.
A university-level interior design degree is required. The candidate must be based locally, in or around New York City.
Bryan O’Sullivan Studio is an exciting interior design firm specializing in high-end residential and hospitality design. Though based in London, the studio has recently opened a branch office in New York. This is a great opportunity for an ambitious interior designer to work on a variety of exciting projects in NY.
The candidate’s responsibilities will include:
- assisting the design team with initial concept presentations, including sourcing imagery, 3D modelling and rendering
- production of construction drawing packages, with particular emphasis on millwork & furniture detailing
- sourcing materials, ordering samples and compiling detailed schedule documents, including FFE, fixtures and hardware
- site visits, including small scale surveys, production of field reports and post-completion punchlists
- ability to work within part of a larger project team, including liaising with contractors, coordinating the design work with outside consultants, and communicating with suppliers on a regular basis
- ability to work under the direction of the New York office’s manager, as well as to communicate with the studio’s team in London via long-distance correspondence
The candidate should be:
- highly motivated, with excellent communication and organizational skills and the confidence to work with contractors, consultants and suppliers
technically competent and efficient in delivering high-end projects to a specified budget and timescale
- knowledgeable of local project procurement and building regulations
high proficiency in both written and spoken English
- have extensive Revit, AutoCAD, Creative Suite, SketchUp, Microsoft Office and 3D modeling experience. Hand sketching abilities are a bonus
Please email your CV and six examples of your work to using the ‘apply’ link below with the subject ‘BOS Studio – NY job application’.