Building Workshop is looking for an experienced architect/technician to join its team in Dundee, Scotland.
Who we are
Building Workshop is a semi-remote design-led architecture practice working on a variety of rural projects all over Scotland from adaptive re-use of historic buildings to new concept ‘agritecture’ rural buildings. Our approach to architecture is people-centred, collaborative and creative. In 2018 we won a number of national awards including RIAS Award for Humpty House, HES Conservation and Climate Change award for Burmieston Farm and Guardswell was shortlisted for an RIAS Award and came second to the V&A Dundee in the DIA Awards. We have recently secured a number of exciting new projects and we are looking to expand our small team.
We are looking for architects/technologists or technicians with experience of high quality design-led projects at all stages. All team members at Building Workshop must be highly motivated, happy to work independently and as part of a team, and meticulous with a keen eye for detail.
- three to five years’ minimum experience working on high quality well detailed projects
- excellent technical ability and willingness to adopt new digital and building technologies
- very strong understanding of 3D design and construction detailing
- excellent communication skills (verbal and written), confidence in collaborating
- not afraid to challenge current practices
- driven and eager to learn and develop
- ability to work on multiple projects
What we offer:
- semi-remote and flexible working
- great work-life balance
- opportunities to learn and develop
- competitive salary based upon experience with a profit share scheme
Please submit some information all about yourself, using the ‘apply’ link below.