Project design director
at Bureau Proberts
Bureau Proberts is seeking a project design director to join its team in Brisbane, Australia.
Bureau Proberts is a leading Brisbane architecture and design practice with over 30 years’ experience designing award-winning projects including multi-residential and mixed use developments in Australian and international markets.
The immediate future offers Bureau Proberts an unprecedented opportunity to embrace new and exciting projects locally and internationally.
The project design director is a pivotal role in the practice, providing client interface, design and delivery, leadership and direction for the architecture and design projects that form the body of work of the practice, underwriting its primary brand of exceptional architecture. They will have ultimate responsibility for the delivery of these projects and ensure the buildings, spaces, information, products and images have engaged with the practice design and delivery process. The outcomes will reflect the design ambitions and strategic aims of the practice and deliver the most successful outcomes for our clients. Through their intimate engagement with the practice and its people, projects and strategic direction, they will become advocates for the practice and champions of its design ethos and qualities.
This is an exceptional opportunity for an exceptional architect.
Reporting to the creative director and the head of architecture and design, key responsibilities shall include:
- provide the lead role in the establishment of projects and ensure their successful implementation, both from the client and practice perspective. They will be responsible for project initiation and respond to opportunities for new projects, develop strategies to secure them and ensure client engagements are professionally carried out, managing the client’s expectations and building strong relationships based on confidence in design and commercial outcomes
- ensure that client relationships are managed and enhanced, and undertake the lead project point of contact for the client
- work with the creative director and the design team in assisting to develop and clarify the design direction for the projects and the practice
- ensure the appropriate level of skill and resource is provided for every project
- ensure that the aims and success factors of the project are aligned with this direction and communicated to the project architect and team
- responsible for facilitating the design process and outcomes of a quality that reflect the practice’s design ambitions for the project
- facilitate a high level of design, innovation and project delivery and operate as a point of escalation for the team and the client. They will be the design leader on projects, working with the creative director and/or the design team creating design concepts and outcomes
Qualifications and experience:
- tertiary qualification in design, built environment, architecture or equivalent registered architect with the Australian Institute of Architects
- undoubted demonstrated excellence in design capability through successful delivery of peer recognised projects
- been the recipient of a state based (or equivalent) award winning building(s)
- demonstrated capability in concept generation and expression
Comprehensive knowledge of building and detailing techniques for all project types of the practice
- excellent written and communication skills; ability to present and conduct meetings at board and senior Government levels
- initiative, demonstrating drive and tenacity with excellent interpersonal and people management skills
- ability to interpret, analyse and contribute to financial reports
- ability to successfully manage numerous responsibilities in a mature and professional manner
- self-motivated with a strong desire to achieve company and personal goals
For the right candidate an attractive remuneration structure is on offer, along with the potential for equity benefits. The role will be based at the client’s principal office in Brisbane, Australia, yet may involve periods of travel to projects, nationally and internationally. If required, the company will assist with the relocation and immigration.
If the above position appeals to you then please submit your CV and work samples to [email protected] and we will be in touch.
You must sign in to apply for this position. If you don’t have a Dezeen Jobs jobseeker account, create one here.