Burgess Architects is looking for an inquisitive and enthusiastic architect with at least three years’ experience post-diploma to join its busy design-lead practice in Kennington in London.
Excellent opportunities for career development as part of this small and motivated, supportive team.
(Now with software skills in listing updated).
- day-to-day responsibility for two small projects, one at Stage 2-3, one at Stage 4-5
- pro-actively manage your projects, setting deadlines and coordinating the design towards these
- liaise with consultants and contractors as required, report to the client
- all with ready support from the principal and the rest of the team
- collaborate on design discussions on all office projects from Stage 2-5
- develop a specialism and become office guru in anything; social media, sustainable services, the perfect toastie
- interest and commitment to develop the practice outlook and culture as we grow
Your skills and experience:
- two years’ experience in UK post Part 2 on small scale/domestic projects for RIBA Stage 4-5 minimum
- design-focused with passion for construction detailing skills
- experience of jobs on-site, liaising with contractors and the contract administration processes
- software in use: Vectorworks, SketchUp, InDesign, Photoshop, Word, Excel
- update: software competence an advantage but happy to consider good candidates eager to learn with strong CAD skills in other packages
- flexible and enthusiastic, determined
- careful, thorough and able to take responsibility
- independent worker with exceptional organisational skills and efficient approach to tasks
- excellent communication skills in written and spoken English
- eligible to work in the UK
Salary commensurate with experience, permanent position.
To apply please submit a covering letter, CV and portfolio examples saved as a single PDF using the ‘apply’ link below. The document should have your name as the title and be no larger than 10MB. Unfortunately, we can only reply to candidates who meet the above criteria. No agency or third-party applications please.
Burgess Architects is an equal opportunities employer.