Cameron Gardens is seeking a landscape architect/garden designer to join its team in London.
An exciting opportunity has opened for an experienced, self-motivated, landscaper architect/garden designer who is looking to further their career and join our dynamic team.
Based in Notting Hill, Cameron Gardens specialises in designing, building and maintaining top end private and commercial outside spaces, countrywide and internationally. As part of the company’s development we are looking to recruit a full-time, proactive garden designer to work closely with both the managing director and studio director. The successful candidate will need excellent Vectorworks, SketchUp, written and verbal communication skills, have a good understanding of construction and be both self-motivated and a team player.
Role and responsibilities:
- support senior design team on a range of projects, including large scale commercial and high-end domestic schemes
- attend prospective client meetings
- develop mood boards and concept drawings
- produce designs of gardens and outdoor spaces to an excellent standard
- produce imaginative plant designs
- produce construction drawings, schedules and specifications for builds and designs
- produce minutes and action site/client meetings
- source materials, place and manage orders and suppliers
- general office administration
- build strong relationships with clients and prospective clients
- ensure CDM 15 regulations are adhered to
The successful candidate will:
- have a diploma/degree in landscape architecture or garden design with at least three years’ relevant experience
- be highly creative and proactive, with excellent communication skills
- have an excellent knowledge of VWX and SketchUp; a good understanding of Excel
- have experience working on multi-disciplinary design teams, particularly commercial/large scale projects, with ability to effectively manage project information sharing
- be very organised, able to structure their own workload and be punctual
- have a good plant knowledge and a love of plants
- have a good understanding of hard landscaping and construction detailing
- have a clean UK driving license
- an ability to produce high quality visuals – SketchUp and Photoshop, 3D render softwares, would be a bonus
- enjoy working in a fast moving, dynamic and professional atmosphere
Salary: £30-36k dependant on experience.
Holiday: 25 days paid holiday per annum plus bank holidays.
Bonus: annual discretionary bonus.
Training: annual training budget to be used in line with professional and personal development.
To submit your application please click the ‘apply’ button below.