Camron PR is looking for a press officer to join its firm in New York, USA.
Global design PR agency, Camron PR is seeking to appoint a talented press officer to work in their New York office. The ideal candidate is a highly-organized, detail-oriented individual with at least one year of PR experience, and a passion for, or interest in, design. The agency represents world-class companies in the fields of design, retail, design weeks, technology, and hotels. This is a unique opportunity for someone starting their career.
Camron PR has offices in London, Milan, New York, Los Angeles and Shanghai. This particular role is to be part of a New York team who focuses on global design clients. The office is based in SoHo and this is an ideal position for someone who would like a challenge and likes to be in a dynamic and fast-moving environment.
- support the team with day to day client administration
- prioritize a diverse workload and manage a portfolio of multiple clients
- draft press releases and launch announcements
- research editorial calendars and create tailored media grids to support editor pitching
- assist teams with social media channels and updates relevant to industry and clients
- support agency events with invitation lists, mailings, RSVPs lists, guest list management and check-in, and recaps
- assist with sample mailings for press requests or gifting and scheduling messengers
- build and maintain targeted lists for national and regional media
- prepare press cuttings for presentation to client
- prepare agendas for client meetings
- creating weekly and monthly status reports for clients
- read industry relevant magazines – trade and consumer – and share findings with the agency
- bachelor’s degree, preferably in a related field, such as communications, journalism, art history or similar
- excellent organizational skills with the capability to multi-task on multiple client accounts
- event experience and the ability to plan publicity campaigns
- knowledge and understanding of consumer magazines, national newspapers, digital outlets and other relevant media
- keen understanding of Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, and interest in emerging social media platforms
- ability to excel at working in a fast-paced environment
- organised, detail-oriented, and a great communicator – both in-person and online
- a good sense of humour
To apply please send your CV and cover letter to Nathalie Danilovich, using the ‘apply’ link below.