Carey Jones Chapman Tolcher is seeking architects to join its team in Leeds, UK.
Carey Jones Chapman Tolcher are seeking exceptional architects with two or three years’ post Part 3 (or well-qualified Part 2’s) experience in all stages of a project to join our studios in Leeds. At least three years’ experience in UK projects is essential.
About the role
This is an excellent opportunity for a positive, self-driven candidate to join a friendly environment and a thriving, ambitious architecture team, who inspires professionalism, confidence and tenacity.
The position requires motivated architects who can help the team deliver a growing portfolio of exciting and varied projects across many sectors in particular office and residential.
To be based in our Leeds studio the candidate must successfully coordinate and engage in design team interaction, communicate design ideas to a range of audiences and resolve construction challenges. The role involves both concept and detailed design and taking a project through to site, so experience in the later RIBA stages is essential.
Each team member is an ambassador for CJCT and represents the company.
Therefore, leading by example, personally delivering high quality and consistent standards of design, project management and client care with the objective of creating innovation and aim to achieve award winning success are essential attributes.
- to execute responsibilities of an architect, undertaking potential additional roles/responsibilities in accordance with CJCT procedures and professional guidelines
- managing and producing hand sketches, CAD and Revit drafting for all work stages and briefs
- to act as the day-to-day contact/interface for projects
- to assist in carrying out project reviews at required stages
- to manage the work of others assisting with projects
- to assist informal project presentations
- to contribute to the production of presentation material, define format brochures and production of project reports
- to be flexible and committed to the needs of the practice, team and project within the terms of employment. This could include providing support to other CJCT teams, attending related events etc
Team and practice
‘Talent wins games but teamwork and intelligence win championships’ – Michael Jordan
At CJCT we support a team focused culture. Therefore, this role involves a team member who’s going to:
- aim to achieve high quality and consistent standard of design, project management and client care
- execute personal time management to ensure project objectives are met
- be visibly committed and loyal to the CJCT team, practice and clients
Salary: depending on experience
- private pension scheme and life insurance
- health insurance scheme
Please submit a cover letter, CV and examples of your work using the ‘apply’ link below.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are afraid that we will only be able to respond to successful applicants.
Strictly no agencies.